Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Forgot How Much Fun I Have With SF/WO

So it's been a week since I started in with the game and I play it at least a couple of hours in the evenings. Just made a copy of WoV, renamed it and installed Brian32's tiles and Stary's Green Hell V2 as well as the mods for them. Add in Dueces effects that I have used from the first time he released them and the Weapons packs, the game just got better. Now all I need to remember is that ONLY era specific aircraft are to be put in the folder. Anything I forgot to add to WoV?

Now to get started on the SP1 and WoE, I still need to get WoI. :yikes:

Yep downloading it now. Looks as good as ODS did when I was playing that after it came out.

Just be careful on the AAA settings as the highest one is a nightmare and then some... its all you can do to stay alive... as to your wingmen well best leave them guys at home... it is truly amazing...

Yeah I kind of found out last night got zapped by triple A 5 minutes from my IP. On the next two missions I brought back my birds with so many holes that TK should include the sound of wind whistling through the Swiss cheese. Seriously, I did a Huey CAS mission and ended up with a bird that looked like some of the pics I have seen of the Seawolves birds after a mission. Seeing that green sh*t coming up at you and hearing the pinging of the round on the aircraft's skin is terrifying and this is only a game. I now have even more respect to my Brother Firehawks and Redwolves that did this stuff for real.

All that aside, that addon truly changed the games dynamic for me and I have had to rethink my tactics and make sure the weapons I take are the most effective for the mission chosen.

Yeah I kind of found out last night got zapped by triple A 5 minutes from my IP. On the next two missions I brought back my birds with so many holes that TK should include the sound of wind whistling through the Swiss cheese. Seriously, I did a Huey CAS mission and ended up with a bird that looked like some of the pics I have seen of the Seawolves birds after a mission. Seeing that green sh*t coming up at you and hearing the pinging of the round on the aircraft's skin is terrifying and this is only a game. I now have even more respect to my Brother Firehawks and Redwolves that did this stuff for real.

All that aside, that addon truly changed the games dynamic for me and I have had to rethink my tactics and make sure the weapons I take are the most effective for the mission chosen.

With WOV Gold you have to rethink just about everything. It's a whole new sim and it can be dangerous as hell if you are in a wrong place, wrong time, wrong airspeed and altitude situation. Ground fire is now a terrifying threat.

Ground fire is now a terrifying threat.

Agree. Sometimes it´s better to take your chances with the SAMs than go anywhere near those purple blobs of death (also known as 57mm rounds).

Edited by Jaman

Me sometimes its laid on so thick and you look behind you and feel you could get out and walk on the Flak provided you rememebered your armoured underwear...

Only problem with playing with Mr Sam is that it drags you down to the aforementioned 57mm...