Is this bird compatible with the first gen games? I notice that the core files are from A-Team and those helos work in the first gens.

Yes, with a fair bit of work. The basics are fine, but if you want to have the Jayhawk's nose radar, cabin crewman and other "weapons", you'll have to add them into the weaponsdata.ini (from memory, with the weapons editor?). In SF2 it's just drag and drop, in SF1 it's a fair bit more cumbersome. You'll have to put the pilots into the Aircraft folder, make sure the decal is in the right folder etc. Some work, but definatley doable.

JB5

Thanks for the info, the reason I asked this is that I used to maintain and arm the HH-60H model a few years ago. The Hotel and Juliet models have enough in common in real life that we the maintenance pubs were the same in both birds. I was hoping that the Hotels could be modded, especially since there are questions on making SEAL Teams for the game. The HH-60H's were purpose built for Navy Special Warfare and at one time the only units operating the Hotels were HCS-4 and HCS-5 both Reserve units whose missions were supporting the SEAL Teams and C/SAR. here's a link to HCS-5's last airshow appearance before our Decomm.....

http://www.dpdproduc...airgallery.html

You'll need to scroll down but you can see that our birds were unique. We did the same C/SAR and SpecWar missions that the AF and Army did with less manpower, fewer airframes and a higher up status. After I retired they did four tours in combat with no loss of Aircrew or aircraft to enemy actions. The thing that most don't know is that the HCS squadrons are direct descendants of HA(L)-3 from Viet Nam. I have to admit that I love the HH-1K above all other birds but the HH-60H is a close second to my heart. I had the pleasure and honor to work in both a HAL and HCS squadron, it really is hard to explain feelings for an airframe, you had to have been there.

What are you using for the HH-60H? What model and skin. I've updated the skin for the USCG with more detail, I have could do the scheme in the link for you if you like. I might be able to add AAQ-16 pod in lieu of the Jayhawk radar (if I can find something to make a pilot addon with), no promises. It would only work in SF2 though, if you're not using SF2 I would recommend it - it's worth it for the Mission Editor alone.

JB5

JB, I'm using the A Team Foxtrot model right now, did an ini edit so it would take Hellfire, also the M134 gunpod and rockets. At the time I was in HCS-5 the running joke between the Command Master Chief and rest of the squadron was that he was going to have my crew of crazies mount a minigun on one side and a rocket pod on the other. I never said otherwise and just let the aircrew wonder if we were serious. At the time of my retirement we were just getting Hellfire online and had not yet mounted that R2D2 looking AAQ-16 pod.

I may look into getting the Gen2 games, but I'm not sure my PC could run them very well, thanks for the info and even if I can't use your bird, the Hotel should be made, the Firehawks and Redwolves ran plenty of flights during their deployments, most of which will never be public.

Edited by firehawkordy

Here's the best I can do. I have no 3D skills, except for ini hacks, so...I won't be able to post this until my shift is over (12 hours or so), so if you have any suggestions/changes etc let me know and I'll incorporate them in the upload.

As to SF2, I'm getting 10FPS better now than under SF1. It runs that so much better. And the Mission Editor. I'd have paid 50 bucks just for that. It basically allows you to create your own YAP style missions easily. You can add as many objects and birds as you want (both any and friendly), ships and carriers, even people! I populated a whole base as it was IRL just by using it.

post-36309-0-35534000-1304809383.jpg

post-36309-0-77999400-1304809415.jpg

post-36309-0-21212400-1304809431.jpg

post-36309-0-07259400-1304809442.jpg

As an alumni of HCS-5 I thank you sir, it looks as good as I remember the last time I saw any of our birds. One of the Airframers I am still in touch with made all the West Coast Choppers Maltese crosses while they were in the desert, the crosses had a different phrase and overlay for each bird. Scurvy will be happy to know that his "art" is now immortalized in a game. Once again I thank you.:salute::drinks:

You're quite welcome. I saw in your profile you had a pic of 307 saw I changed the number to that. The Maltese crosses are cool, I'm came across a few but couldn't figure out which (if any) 307 specifically used. Saw a few pics with just the cross with no phrase, saw I went with that. I think one of them was called The Scurvy Dawg BTW!

JB5