Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Target aircraft debris

Took a quick jaunt with Flieger Test (my test pilot for QC) to check on a "sound mod" I made up and the test the HPW rear guns mod.

Not to make it too stressful I took a Alb/DIII against a flight of poor BE/2's. Anyway I forgot, until now, something else I want to change.

Does anyone know the name of the .bmp file that controls the debris that flies off your target when your hitting it?

I am hoping to just delete the .bmp files that controls the graphic for the debris.

I know its also controlled in the effects.xml (somewhere!) but that may be a tricky change...especially finding it in that huge file.

Well duh...after looking for several minutes before the above post I went for another look and found it right away in the effects/fxtextures file.

Unfortunately there are about ten .bmp files controlling debris.

Anyone know which one of them is for debris from hitting aircraft?

Duke, I believe Craeghorn's tracer mod(s) are supposed to have diminished the visible impact damage - might be worth a look.

Duke, I believe Craeghorn's tracer mod(s) are supposed to have diminished the visible impact damage - might be worth a look.

Thanks for the tip.

I do have Creaghorns mod but I don't mind the tracers...got a graphic mod for that too that someone made. Smaller red for the Germans and smaller green when I fly Allied. I was going to try Creaghorn if I couldn't do an easy .bmp file deletion.