Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Planes at 2011 airshow and A new WW! a/c flim

GOOD NEWS They are premiering another WWI aircraft film and Flying rare Airplanes. The film is a documentary about WWI A/c called the Millionaires Unit. The 1st Screen to the public is on the 5th of May this year. When can we get copies ? Bad news, Not a Hollywood film . The Air Show in Chino, Ca. will be flying a wildcat fighter during the Aerobatics part of the show. The Icing on the Cake , for me anyway, is the FW 190 Butcher Bird that will be flying this year. If it is the one that wont start 2 yrs ago, Its a Replica FW 190 Dora but it has the Original Engine. I will try and get a Vid Camera if not then Hopefully someone will post it to U tube. Kudos

That film sounds really good, We had the FW190 replica at the flying legends air show duxford in 2007, I think it had a Russian copy of the BMW engine It looked & sounded great in the air,

The Duxford museum also has a restored original BMW engine, it looks pristine as you can see below, but I dont know if its an airworthy one dntknw.gif

post-45788-0-91136200-1304744798.jpg

post-45788-0-49150300-1304744825.jpg

That film sounds really good, We had the FW190 replica at the flying legends air show duxford in 2007, I think it had a Russian copy of the BMW engine It looked & sounded great in the air,

The Duxford museum also has a restored original BMW engine, it looks pristine as you can see below, but I dont know if its an airworthy one dntknw.gif

The pic makes me drool. Thanks I love the Engine sounds, from aircraft, The Sweet Roar of the Merlin or the Un syn sound of the Zero, and the Flaping sound of the motor in the P-40 However, The coughting sound of that FW 190 BMW as they tried to start it up sent chills down my backbone

Edited by carrick58