Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Back Up and Running

Hi Gents!

The Beast is back up and operational this evening - having been returned from Staples (the nearest and cheapest repair shop around here) for the sum of $120. Thanks to Al, from right here on the OFF boards, I was able to procure a power supply to replace the faulty 400W unit that Gateway installed. The technician, Keith, said that the thing was a beast to get into the machine, but it's blazing along now!

And just to show some proof of the repairs working (thus getting my OFF and, even more importantly, my work computer back up and running), here's a few screenshots from this evening.

I should also take a moment and thank Olham for creating this fantastic skin for my German pilot, Gerhard Roth. Gerhard has been out of action for the last few months, but I think it's time to take that beautiful Albatros back up and do some flying!

My thanks again to Al. This community is fantastic, and this act of sincere kindness once again reminds me why I've been a part of it for so long. Drinks are on me, and Al, shoot me a PM for the shipping costs so I can cover you!

Cheers Guys! drinks.gif

Great news, and glad you're back in the skies Soppy! Nice screenis too Sir. And to your kind offer, I believe I'll have a nice strong cuppa' coffee for now. Too early for anything else.

:drinks:

Great news, and glad you're back in the skies Soppy! Nice screenis too Sir. And to your kind offer, I believe I'll have a nice strong cuppa' coffee for now. Too early for anything else.

:drinks:

Amen Lou, I'm nursing a hot cup of coffee myself right now.

How wonderful to see you back in the air, CaptSopwith! You sure deserve a lot of pleasure after your examn.

Nice screens there! And thanks for honouring me, but mostly the OBD skinners should be honoured here;

I only changed the tone of the wood and added some detail.

Have fun, pilot!

Glad to hear you're up and running again. And guess what I found on my early a.m. Google jaunts yesterday, an install document for the PSU in jpeg format. I swear, with enough filters, you can find anything on the WWW.

plug_nickel

ps: very nice screen shot