Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Customize Your Pilot Page

Dej, after several rounds and toasts to our own cleverness the idea of the Dodo bird as the club emblem had us in stitches. Aaaaaah, the simple joy of viewing the world through beer goggles. Now as to your vote for 'Per Dementia Ad Astra' as our motto: In the sober light of day I must confess I like it much better. I can order up another case of letterhead and ring up the foundry to inform them of the alterations. In for a penny, in for a pound, I say.

Ah, I think I came back from a visit to the gents and thought we were still laughing at the story of the military policeman,the rubber duck and the forty foot ladder. But now you explain it, the madness appeals...

'Such as absent-mindedly observing to one's spouse as one passes the intended motorway junction that one is approaching the blimp over Halfords from the East to avoid the archie ...'

'Gawd! It's good to know I'm not the only one who does those sorts of things Dej. The other afternoon I made note of the fact that the clouds rolling in from the northwest would provide perfect cover for a dusk raid on the railyards at Roubaix and that I should ring up the field and have them ready the buses. My wife looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears ...'

Likewise, I am relieved it is not just me. Anyway, from certain angles, flying magpies do look like eindeckers - especially when there's a flight of them - and evasive action would have been prudent!

Edited by Wayfarer

Oh Wayfarer, sounds as if you might well qualify for membership in the BOC. :biggrin:

Dej, since you made mention of the criteria for joining this highly questionable organization, I respectfully ask that you draft our membership charter for approval of the founding members. Also, I have the proof ready for our amended letterhead and club motto:

BOC_letterhead_02.jpg

:grin:

"Per dementia ad astra" is perfectly fine - and as we just talk about it:

does anyone know where my German uniform went?

The military police wouldn't give me any further explanations than that they had to arrest me,

cause I had tried to infiltrate a women's sauna. Back on the German side, I received very

strange looks, cause I was only wearing that swimming suit with the stitched-on words:

"By Appointment of Her Majesty Queen Victoria". I will keep it, although I woudn't wear it

in public anymore.