Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

I have a question that Im completely clueless on. Ive put a bunch of planes and campaigns and objects on my WOE 08 patch install.

Everything works perfect except im getting attacked on friendly airfields and by friendly ships. I have to replace all AAA on the airfields with something else so I wont get attacked.

I have no Idea where to start to try to fix this.

Friendly fire isn´t possible in any Thirdwire sim. When you fly an aircraft and you get attacked by ground forces means, the nation these ground forces are set use the alignment "Friendly" in the nations.INI, while the nation if the aircraft you fly is using the alignment "Enemy". Of course it can be opposite, you use "Friendly" and the ground forces "Enemy"!

There are only these two alignments possible. What aircraft do you use and what ground units are firing at you?

Another possibility is that the airbase you are flying from is considered enemy territory. This is true for ships as well. If the enemy owns that piece of ocean, the ships in it will be enemy units regardless of what side they were intended for.

If the air defenses shooting at you are supposed to be enemy units (you're flying NATO and they are Warsaw Pact), then you have this kind of problem. If they are supposed to be friendly, then you need to check the alignment for your unit in the campaign.ini and fix it.

Im using WWII carriers and US navy WWII aircraft, In the terrain targets I added a few US navy convoys nearby my CVN Station and Im not getting attacked anymore. weird!!!! I'll work on the airfields next....thanks