Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Restoring of an original Bleriot Experimental BE2c

I've seen the video of the BE2e they made, flying around Omaka, but the early model hasn't been on Youtube yet. Are you sure that the Second BE2 has just been finished? I thought it's been done for a couple of years.

Maybe it's still a work in progress? But still: worth a good look.

It is a gorgeous aircraft, the engine in it you know is one of the most rare survivors of WWI vintage engines. It's so rare that VA is making their own castings and pieces for it.

I find it unusual that for the near ubiquitous of the BE2c, that aren't that many examples of the old Renault 8c and RAF 1A engines left in collections and museums.

Here's an interesting link I've been watching for a year or so. The Manchester Industrial Museum in partnership with the modern day AVRO company has been working on two flyable examples of A.V. Roe's old early aircraft. The Type I Triplane and a new project, the AVRO type F.

Build pictures of the AVRO type "F"

post-65486-0-40121700-1309624603.jpg

Oh, I envy people with a job like that!

Lewie, I'm not sure how to read your signature (my English fails me here), but if you

mean to say, that you're not sure if you are qualified to be a member of the BARMY OFFers CLUB,

I take the freedom in Lou's absence, to declare, that you are barmy enough!

Welcome in the club!

Lewie, I'm not sure how to read your signature (my English fails me here), but if you

mean to say, that you're not sure if you are qualified to be a member of the BARMY OFFers CLUB,

I take the freedom in Lou's absence, to declare, that you are barmy enough!

Welcome in the club!

It was a joke about my being physically upright or 'up-standing'. Yeah I know I'm in the Club/Guild, my being a mod for one of the 'Other Sims' does make my membership a bit 'questionable' but I like OFF and this forum a lot, you guys are great people.

Lewie, there are many members here, who also fly another WW1 sim.

That is perfectly okay and only shows their devotion to WW1 aviation.

A real fan can and possibly will have more than one sim - and love them all.

Or, like JFM said:

One day I like pizza, and the other day Chinese food.