Sign in to follow this  
gaw

ooops....HELP!

gents......fiddling around with Jone Soft files and must have put something amiss. Deleted all JoneSoft files....reset OFF in workshops, deleted uisel........can't get past select pilot screen now as a "map file error" occurs each time. Any thoughts would be MOST welcome!!!! thanks....

gaw, the devs have built in some insurance for this, which may save yer. Go here:

(your computer name) > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields

You should find a file there called Master Copy of uisel.xml

Make a copy of it and name it uisel.xml

Now it should be back to work.You only may need to do your personal settings again.

Edited by Olham

thanks Ol.......no joy......still have that miserable "Map File Error" banner that won't let me get past pilot selection.....any other life-rings floating about?

Sounds like you have deleted more there.

You could also re-activate the

Master Copy of ViewUI.xml

but I doubt that will be all.

Did you do a "Reset OFF Manager" ?

And if so, did you also do a "Reset CFS3" ?

That are the measures that should solve most problems; but you will lose all campaign pilots.

yeah Ol....popped all those buttons too.......I must have really knackered something.....suppose P4 will require all adds or just be able to build on a re-install of my OFF disc?

You should de-install OFF then, and make a fresh clean re-install, gaw.

If you have a CFS3 DVD, you can start the new install with the OFF DVD.

It will ask you to insert CFS3 DVD only for some data.

Remember the right install order of BHaH, the patches, and HitR (see OFF Website).

www.overflandersfields.com

P4 will be a completely new sim. No need to build it on top of P3 or HitR.

seems I must....oddly enough I can kick in OFF via the manager icon in the game folder but it'll only go to a quick combat...no pilot choice....P4 come sooon. Already bought HITR twice and should have bought the unlimited download option in the first place....sigh, live and learn...I'll buy HITR again....totally worth it!!!! thanks for the thoughts.............

Gaw, I almost suffer with you, old chap. But you're right, it's totally worth it.

How easily do we spend the same bucks on pizza and coke.

If you buy it again, zip it and make yourself a copy on another hard drive, a stick, or an external drive.

I wish you good success!

....and now for a good pizza too!.... cheers!

I'm sorry, I just saw your thread. gaw. Even if I am here before you have reinstalled OFF, I don't know if I can give you an answer. I can start with a question, however. Before you deleted all of your Jonesoft files, did you remember to de-activate all of the mods so the original files were put back? They need to be in there or your game will get knackered.

HPW.....bless you old son...I suspect that was, now that you mention it, the peccant part.........but I have indeed panicked already and reinstalled .......( a day w/o OFF is no day at all)......which turns out to be a good thing somehow. Game plays faster....looks astonishing w/ Olhams graphics guide and I'm back in the saddle..........and in the sights of some devious Hun in the sun I've no doubt. But thank you for your thoughts and all of you for your help.............what a great mob. Cheers>>>>>>>>>>

I'm glad you're back and better, gaw! Enjoy it! :good:

Glad to hear you are back in the "game," as it were, and that it hasn't affected your spirits. It helps that everything is running faster, doesn't it?

seems I must....oddly enough I can kick in OFF via the manager icon in the game folder but it'll only go to a quick combat...no pilot choice....P4 come sooon. Already bought HITR twice and should have bought the unlimited download option in the first place....sigh, live and learn...I'll buy HITR again....totally worth it!!!! thanks for the thoughts.............

Be sure to backup the HITR download file - even to DVD - then you dont have to keep repurchasing!

HTH

WM