Sign in to follow this  
mikeymead

Floating shadows on some terrains

Hi, I've noticed on a few terrains that some of the ground object shadows seem detached and floating from there objects and also at the same time your aircraft has no shadow on the runway.

I've not got much knowledge about terrain editing but I was wondering if there is any fixes to this problem. What should I be looking at when comparing these terrains to ones were the shadows are correct.

post-27109-0-08522400-1314130211.jpg

post-27109-0-84481500-1314130229.jpg

post-27109-0-76424100-1314130735.jpg

post-27109-0-59883400-1314130770.jpg

Many Thanks.

Mikeymead.

run your shadows on HIGH, not unlimited. It's been a glitch for many, many, many manymanymany moons

as for the aircraft, is the shadow itself turned on in the main ini???

Thnx wrench,I too had such shad probs on korea map,know I know why.

Thanks Wrench, I'll try changing the the shadows to high.

As for the plane shadow I'm pretty sure the shadows are turned on, I've had the same problem with other both stock and addon aircraft but maybe the shadow will reappear when I retry it on high settings!

ArmorDave's SU-17s (and by inference, any made from that original) never had a _Shadow.SHD lod. You'll have to use the 'regular' statement

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=400

and see if that works without any 'tractor beams'

ive removed all Shadow.SHD lods from any\every add on a\c I have,,....took ages lol

Well I tried changing the shadow detail to high from unlimited but unfortunately no joy as you can see below.

post-27109-0-21179800-1314297844.jpg

Red Range.

I then tried the same plane on a terrain where I knew the shadows were ok with proper results.

post-27109-0-82799000-1314297857.jpg

GermanyCE (Updated)

I also tried the Red Range on medium shadow detail which fixed the detached building shadows by removing them but still no plane shadow.

Mikeymead