Sign in to follow this  
itifonhom

Slightly OT: Siemens-Schuckert D.III

Hi everybody,

I'm into 3D modeling and rendering lately, still a newbie of course, but quite optimistic too! As my first 3D modeling project, I'd like to give a go at SSW D.III. I already searched the web extensively for reference and found quite a lot but, as you know, it's almost never enough. So I thought, maybe someone from you guys has some good reference material to share with me. What I'm looking for is mostly close ups or cutaways, drawings, even some good photos of the engine and the Spandaus.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or help!

Iti, there is a wealth of info online about this kite. I suggest you do a Google and check out some of the model forums as they are often a great source for highly detailed photos. Here is just one that popped up on a search:

http://ww1aircraftmodels.com/page4.html

Good luck with what should prove to be a fine project for you Sir.

Hi everybody,

I'm into 3D modeling and rendering lately, still a newbie of course, but quite optimistic too! As my first 3D modeling project, I'd like to give a go at SSW D.III. I already searched the web extensively for reference and found quite a lot but, as you know, it's almost never enough. So I thought, maybe someone from you guys has some good reference material to share with me. What I'm looking for is mostly close ups or cutaways, drawings, even some good photos of the engine and the Spandaus.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or help!

IT

I have the Windsock Datafile, which has the drawings - the starting point for any model, plus lots of other stuff. I won't be home until late next week, but I could scan it and send it on then.

Cheers,

shredward

Thanks you Lou, great link!

@Stickshaker: No, unfortunately it´s not an OFF project, it´s just for making Aviation Art scenes.

@shredward: The Windsock Datafile would be great indeed, really appreciate it! Thank you Sir! :salute: