Sign in to follow this  
zzzspace

zzzspace v7.0 Sound Pack

zzzspace v7.0 for Lock On 1.02 (33 Meg zip - LOMAN 2.1 compatible)

Major areas of improvement are the engines for all flyables, and most non-flyable aircraft, plus some tweaking of initial explosion transients and reverberations. Other Lock On download sites are welcome to mirror this sound effects pack.

MULTIPLAYERS PLEASE NOTE: The sound levels of all v.7.0 files have been precisely halved from previous sound pack versions within this series. This has been done to reduce signal transient clipping within louder files. Adjust your multi-player voice comms downwards 50 % accordingly.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Version 7.0 is a COMPLETE REPLACEMENT of all sound effects within Lock On—install via LOMAN utility. These sounds are designed to work in LOCK ON 1.02 There are also TWO TRACK FILES. This is also a thorough re-configuration of Lock On's sound imaging, in terms of distances, angles and intensities at which sounds are heard.

zzzspace v7.0 Sound Pack

*STRONGLY RECOMMENDED* the following Lock On audio sound slider settings are used:

MASTER VOLUME = 100%

MUSIC = 20%

RADIO = 35%

ENGINES = 100%

MECHANICALS = 100%

EFFECTS = 100%

WIND = 100%

WARNING = 50%

COCKPIT = 85%

--

MAIN MUSIC THEME CHANGED:

A new stereo menu music theme has been included in this pack, the audio track of two USN F-14A's from VF-32 flying off the John F. Kennedy, shooting down a pair of Libyan MiG 23 Floggers, Gulf of Sidra, 1989. Backing music used is Pink Floyd's live version of 'Sorrow', and studio version of 'Marooned'. DirectX "Sound Hardware Acceleration" should be turned off, in order for it to playback properly.

Six "B!tching Betty" annunciations removed from Lock On:

AngleOfAttackOverLimit.wav

LaunchAuthorised.wav

MaximumAngleOfAttack.wav

MaximumG.wav

PullUp.wav

ShootShoot.wav

--

(See included readme text within the LOMAN package for full details)

Edited by zzzspace

Thanks, Z =) More stuff to scare the living daylights out of my cats with. Keep up the good work =)

Tried it out last night, and yep =) It's quite capable of making my cats stick to the floor/wall/roof/doorpost/my leg.... (had one of them lying on top of my woofer when I did a high-speed pass in flyby-view. Had to peel the thing off my leg afterwards) :P

Great job =)