Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Weapon For FSX

Got this the other day and I'm having fun blowing s**t up. Not as good as Strike Fighters but makes for some interesting flights. Learned how to tweek the XML so my OH-6 has an M-134 installed and not a 60. Did't take too long to figure out the rate of fire entries as well as bumping up the bullets from 200 to 1200 rounds as well as getting the thing to sound right, had to use the gattling sound file from the Nemeth UH-1C. The program is picky about the sound files you use, I tried using some files made for CFS2 so I could get a good sounding .50 and the damn thing wouldn't shoot. I guess I'll try pointing the program to a different sound folder. One of the best things about this addon is that on the Capt Sim site there is a file that let's you use the weapon addons made a few years ago WITHOUT having to jump through hoops to have ordnance on your military planes. Just makes the range by NAS Fallon a little more real.