Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT L.A.Noire

Looks good! I wonder, how "open" such type of game could be made.

So that you're not just only following one laid out way of bredcrumbs, you know what I mean?

Edited by Olham

From what I read from other PC players, it wasn't the best port for PC.

It suffers from performance issues.

It's a shame, because I just love James Ellroy books. :cool:

Edited by Von Paulus

I did some research and it looks like something I'd like to try. I haven't seen anything about performance issues on the PC but one would hope if there were issues on release, it would be patched by now. Can be had on Amazon for $33. so it's worth looking into.

I haven't seen anything about performance issues on the PC but one would hope if there were issues on release, it would be patched by now.

Many gamers are reporting bad stuttering and low frame rate. I've seen this mentioned in guru3D and other forums. It seems to be more related with ATI gamers. Maybe the next ATI drivers, help to solve things.

It's a pity there's no demo available.

Edited by Von Paulus

Most people don't even know how to adjust their ATI Catalyst Control Center - if they would do,

they would perhaps not have stutters. Technology advances much faster than the users.

I agree with you there Olham..... I think a lot of Game woes are a direct result of users not having a clue what they're doing..... they think a PC is the same as an Xbox or PS3...where you just put the disk in and play (now wouldnt that be nice)

Most people don't even know how to adjust their ATI Catalyst Control Center - if they would do,

they would perhaps not have stutters. Technology advances much faster than the users.

Not in Guru3D or other forums that I mention. They are hardcore PC players.

That doesn't mean, of course, that everybody will experience the same stuttering.

... you just put the disk in and play (now wouldnt that be nice)

It may well be, that the future computers and software will get built that way.

And I dare to predict, that we will then look back at the old days of PC with big sorrow.

The PC with it's OS and all other software is perhaps a big mess, hard to set up right -

but it offers us so much freedom on the other hand IMHO.

The PC with it's OS and all other software is perhaps a big mess, hard to set up right -

but it offers us so much freedom on the other hand IMHO.

True. And also, give some power to the user to do most of what he want to do, the way he wants.

Easy friendly systems, they just take out that power from the user, and are tuned to the lowest common denominators, which are those with less ability to use their brain cells.

Indeed! Let's hope, that the PC and the gaming market for it, won't disappear!

Yup..... I just miss tweaking my EMS lines in my Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files!!

Those were the days! :drinks:

For "Aces over Europe" I had to "shovel" some extra memory free in "HighMem Sys" or so -

my rig was running on the extreme back then - with only one hard drive with 500 MB -

Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!!

I bought this the other day, and after running a simple command line fix..it plays great on my Nvidia card.

Really like the game...a sort of cross between GTA...Mafia 2....but you're a good guy for a change!...lots of great Police work, solving murders etc...and the most startling aspect...the expressions on the faces of the charecters....it beats any other game I've played for facial animation...it's quite staggering!!!

:needpics:

Good point Olham...I'll get some content for you, once I can get Matt off the damn computer!

This is a fine game Widow. I just downloaded, have played a few hours and already I'm more into it than Skyrim. Strange. :dntknw: Beating people up is a lot of fun and the facial animations and voiceover are amazing. I like to try and tell when people are lying.

I am getting the stuttering issues however and will have to troubleshoot a bit. I haven't measured FPS but it gets pretty low at times. It doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the game all that much as it's pretty minor but for a brand new game, I shouldn't have to deal with it. Did you say you modified something to fix your issues?

Well, not for everyone, but worked for me on Nvidia and Dual-Core

I get the impression it's a CPU core problem, rather than Graphics Card...but give it a try m8

http://technogravy.blogspot.com/2011/11/la-noire-pc-lag-fix.html

Edited by UK_Widowmaker
  • Like 1

What graphic card you have, Shiloh?

Here's all my specs VP:

- MSI M/B K9A2CF-F AMD 790X

- AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad-Core 3.0 GHz

- 4GB RAM

- Seagate Barracuda 250GB Sata HD (7200 rpm)

- Samsung Spinpoint TB HD (7200 RPM)

- DVDRW/CDRW drive

- Corsair 650TX 650W ATX12V

- GIGABYTE Radeon 6850 HD video card

- Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

- Dell 22" monitor (max res 1680 x 1050)

Edited by Shiloh

Well, not for everyone, but worked for me on Nvidia and Dual-Core

I get the impression it's a CPU core problem, rather than Graphics Card...but give it a try m8

http://technogravy.b...pc-lag-fix.html

I tried this - maybe it helped a little? :dntknw: I'll keep testing it and many thanks Widow!

Shiloh, try this.

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=354463

Don't use the other workaround that them mentioned in this thread. It's not for 6xxx series.

I'll give this a look. Thanks VP!

Edited by Shiloh

Also look at this:

http://www.dsogaming...k-bars-removal/

I've seen reports of big improvement with this workaround.

Edit: The guy's dropbox seems to be overflowed with traffic. :cool:

Here another link: http://www.gamefront.../files/21041862

This is really sign that the game was ported. Black bars and cap at 30fps because of the lousy consoles.

Edited by Von Paulus
  • Like 1