Sign in to follow this  
Sledge

How do you reinsert modified data?

I have the extract utility and would like to do the mod for the F-100 that was offered by DK and I would like to fix the reversed rudders in my F-104, but how do you put the data back into those "secured" files? I know there must be a really obvious answer to this! Thanks!- Sledge

Guest Ranger332

just place it over the desired file and "drop it in" wait you do mean an oped file right.

Well, this format is new to me. I mean, having some of these files in that bundle of secured files that you can't access without the extract utility. I was wanting to try to fix the F-100 like I said, but if you can only extract, how do you put the new data back into that secured file so the program will use it? I know I'm exposing my ignorance here, but I'm at a loss... Thanks Ranger!-Sledge

Guest Ranger332

ok if opened just add it and when asked if you want the changes click yey

but icould be wrong it worked for me but olnly did it once

Guest Ranger332

ok if opened just add it and when asked if you want the changes click yey

but icould be wrong it worked for me but olnly did it once

i opened so meny files it filled the page so left it alone

If you extracted the file to the same directory as the .cat file you got it from... you don't have to add it back into the .cat file in order for your mods to work.

Just leave the extracted file in the same directory. The game will find and use the extracted file and it will take priority over the original that is still in the .cat file.

edited:

Just read this in the SimHQ forum about extracted aircraft data .ini files...

from column5:

"The aircraft-specific INI files go in the aircraft's folder. In other words, put the MiG-17s INI files in the the OBJECTSAIRCRAFTMiG-17F folder. [etc.]"

Just got back from a trip so have not had a chance to try this yet. Thanks for all the replies! Time to get to work! -Sledge

You might want to hold off on this until you get the patch next week. F-100 I know has been tweaked officially, and I'm not sure about the F-104 because I don't fly it much, but it might be fixed too.