Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

having problems loading WoV

When the instalation process begins, I get an error saying, "C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\WOV.exe file could not be opened." Any idea on why this is happening? I already downloaded service pack 3. Did I do something wrong?

When the instalation process begins, I get an error saying, "C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\WOV.exe file could not be opened."  Any idea on why this is happening?  I already downloaded service pack 3.  Did I do something wrong?

Is it the initial installation of WoV that is failing or when you are trying to run the programme after installation?

Service Pack 3 is for Strike Fighters - you want patch 1 for WoV which you can get here at Biohaz.

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?dlcategory=31

Is it the initial installation of WoV that is failing or when you are trying to run the  programme after installation?

Service Pack 3 is for Strike Fighters - you want patch 1 for WoV which you can get here at Biohaz.

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?dlcategory=31

It's the initial installation. So, I don't want to use service pack 3 then? Well, that might solve a bunch of things then.

EDIT: I reinstalled SFP1 again in a different directory (so I wont lose my other one) and tried to reinstall WOV with only the SP1 upgrade installed. I'm still having the same problem.

Edited by serverandenforcer

It's the initial installation.  So, I don't want to use service pack 3 then?  Well, that might solve a bunch of things then.

EDIT: I reinstalled SFP1 again in a different directory (so I wont lose my other one) and tried to reinstall WOV with only the SP1 upgrade installed.  I'm still having the same problem.

I take it that C is your HDD? Can you check if that file has actually been copied to your HDD?

You also might want to try installing it without any anti-virus running.

Could you try another partition/directory for WoV & are you trying to play the game without the CD in the drive (the patch removes this need but with the original install you need the CD)?

EDIT: I reinstalled SFP1 again in a different directory (so I wont lose my other one) and tried to reinstall WOV with only the SP1 upgrade installed. I'm still having the same problem.

You've got me confused here.:wacko:

SF P1 & WoV are 2 separate games with separate installs - where SF P1 is installed should have no effect upon WoV install.

Nor should the patch status of your SF P1 install have any effect upon WoV.

The patch to install for WoV is http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?download=643 which should be applied after installing WoV.