Sign in to follow this  
kampfwolf

Carriers missing in SF2V Exp Gold?

I've tried with several different squadrons, but every time I start on the ocean tiles. I remember seeing a thread about this before, but can't remember where. It's like the graphics for the carriers is missing. This is for the Air and Ground War Expansion Gold.

kampfwolf:

It would help to know:

1) What patch level you're at

2) What SF2 games you have as part of your install base

Eric Howes

Apr2012, I installed the mod on a SF2V base folder. I do have all the SF2 games installed on the PC. No other mods in the SF2V folder. I can play the campaigns normally in SF2NA, just not with this mod.

kampfwolf:

Try removing the CVA-63 and SCB-125 folders from the \Objects\GroundObject folder. That will force the game to default to the latest versions in the CAT files.

Eric Howes

kampfwolf:

Try removing the CVA-63 and SCB-125 folders from the \Objects\GroundObject folder. That will force the game to default to the latest versions in the CAT files.

Eric Howes

inside the mod folder correct? or the merged game folder? Thanks for the help guys

Kampfwolf:

The Mod Folder. You won't find a CVA-63 or SCB-125 in the game/install folder.

Eric Howes

Just tried it and no go. I did have the CVA folder in there(I had actually copied it from my NA folder to see if it would load the carrier). I didn't have a SCB-125 folder though. Any other ideas or do you need some more info?

Kampfwolf:

Something is wrong with your install. If you didn't even have an SCB-125 folder, then that suggests a partial/incomplete install of some sort.

Only thing I can recommend at this point is that you try reinstalling the Expansion Pack mod. When reinstalling, don't forget that your first step should be to run the Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam executable,which will create a fresh Mods folder that should have a CVA-63 and SCB-125 folder.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Kampfwolf:

Something is wrong with your install. If you didn't even have an SCB-125 folder, then that suggests a partial/incomplete install of some sort.

Only thing I can recommend at this point is that you try reinstalling the Expansion Pack mod. When reinstalling, don't forget that your first step should be to run the Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam executable,which will create a fresh Mods folder that should have a CVA-63 and SCB-125 folder.

Eric Howes

I'll give it a try. One thing I forgot to mention was the SF2V folder did have CVA-63 and SCB-125 in it's folder, but not the mod folder(I use mmods for that). I tried removing the CVA and SCB from the SF2V objects folder, but it still did not load me onto a carrier.

kampfwolf:

Based on what you just said, I strongly suspect that your problem lies with the game not finding the proper Mods folder with the carrier folders. If after reinstall it's still not working, then you need to root around and figure out why the game is not finding the proper Mods folder.

As I can't see how your system is laid out, there's not much more that I can do aside from noting that the KB contains at least one article on creating mod folders for custom mods like the Expansion Pack that you install.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

kampfwolf:

Based on what you just said, I strongly suspect that your problem lies with the game not finding the proper Mods folder with the carrier folders. If after reinstall it's still not working, then you need to root around and figure out why the game is not finding the proper Mods folder.

As I can't see how your system is laid out, there's not much more that I can do aside from noting that the KB contains at least one article on creating mod folders for custom mods like the Expansion Pack that you install.

Eric Howes

Thanks Eric for all the help. I might try to install it on SF2NA since it was loading the carriers there if the fresh reinstall does not work. I'll will post back the results.