Other people have mentioned it too; The roll rate for the stock A-6 feels more sprightly than one would imagine, at least in the TW universe. I tried changing the deflection for all four wing spoilers.

MaxDeflection=0.0

MinDeflection=-51.0

or

MaxDeflection=51.0

MinDeflection=0.0

To:

MaxDeflection=0.0

MinDeflection=-33.0

and

MaxDeflection=33.0

MinDeflection=0.0

Seems to work ok so far. Gives the Intruder a weightier feel.

Will this effect anything else in an overly negative way? AI piloting or something?

I'm not sure how this will affect AI, or what the actual realistic values are. However, here are some datapoints in support of a more nimble A-6.

• The A-6 uses the same wing that was eventually used in the F-14. We know how nimble the F-14 is with the wings full forward (not great, but better than your typical interceptor).
  • If both aircraft were laden with AG munitions, the A-6 could outrun and outmaneuver the F-4 Phantom. It wasn't even fair!

Certainly, any aircraft loaded with 26 snakeyes is going to be a pig, but the A-6 handled it better than most.

Again, I'm not saying that what you did is less accurate. I don't know. All I'm saying is that the performance envelope of the A-6 was better than most people realize.

I have heard that, probably reading the forums here. With this change, it still feels plenty nimble for something that size. Tried a few carrier landings, and that felt fine as well.

There's an A-6E, I think, parked on the side of US70 near Cherry Point Marine Air Station. I remember seeing them fly over when I was a kid, but to see one on the ground you realize that those things are huge!

BTW, nice job on the A-6 Superpack.

And here's a cool little infomercial from the '70s about the plane.

Sweet video. I didn't realize that the E model also had nav lights behind the inner pylons. Something for the next version...

There's an A-6E, I think, parked on the side of US70 near Cherry Point Marine Air Station.

That's a TRAM, and it's in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn on the east bound side of 70. Passed by it quite a few times on my way to Morehead City, and even stayed overnight at the Hampton once.

I can only tell you how the EA-6B handled from the point of view of a passenger.

I found it surprisingly agile for a medium bomber, even with several ALQ-99s installed. Quick too.

Ezlead is the man to talk to...he dodged SAMs over Vietnam back in the day in A-6s...

FC