Sign in to follow this  
graphit

annoying loud wingmen sound

Hi

eversince I fly lockon [ upto its latest patch] a engine sound problem occurs evertime while flying a mission withone or mere wingmen involved The engines are very loud and heard inside the plane aswell as outside. switchover to the wingman plane the sound becomes almost unberable. Flying a mission with only the player plane everthing is normal.

I`ve tried almost everything : altering the sound cfg files, even deleted, for what I think were the soundfiles who were debit to this annoying engine sound. no results. it almost looks like a soundengine problem within the program

even the in game sound options give no solution to this problem.

what can be done?

never seen any thread on this issue sofar.

perhaps I`m the only one?

poor me!!!!!!

win98se, sblive 5.1, dx9c, nividia 53.04, dxsound off

please can anyone give a solution???????

thx

Graphit

it almost looks like a soundengine problem within the program

It is, no, there is no solution.

that`s a very solid answer from zzzspace. thx!!!

Glad to hear it has nothing to do with mine rig and I`am maybe not the only one with this annoying sound issue. At least that`s what I conclude out of zzzspace`s answer.

so to bypass this issue I`ll have to fly only player missions. Oke, lockon is worth it, but it has so much more to offer.

Any other suggestions regarding the annoying wingmen sounds are more than welcome eventhough, so zzspace declares it seems to be a program problem.

I just cant believe others will fly their missions involving more wingmen or flights and due to this loud sound turning the sound al the way down......

Graphit

that`s a very solid answer from zzzspace. thx!!!

Glad to hear it has nothing to do with mine rig and I`am maybe not the only one with this annoying sound issue. At least that`s what I conclude out of zzzspace`s answer.

so to bypass this issue I`ll have to fly only player missions. Oke, lockon is worth it, but it has so much more to offer.

Any other suggestions regarding the annoying wingmen sounds are more than welcome eventhough, so zzspace declares it seems to be a program problem.

I just cant believe others will fly their missions involving more wingmen or flights and due to this loud sound turning the sound al the way down......

Graphit

You just nicely ask you wingmen to fly open formation before you take off ;) (I have that function mapped to a HOTAS button). Doing that drops the levels back to almost normal.

It is a sound engine bug, all the aircraft do it to some extent when in close proximity, even the ships and tanks do it, but they don't all always do it, they do it irregularly, but the wingman does it constantly.

You will also notice a similar problem occurs when you ALT J jump into another cockpit, the sound is usually a mess after that. It’s one of those things that needs fixing badly.