Sign in to follow this  
aal

Optimizing Framerates

Hi, I'm able to run WOV, patched to 08 level, on my ancient onboard Geforce 7025 at all-high settings except for water detail (medium) by lowering the value in graphic settings found in the flightengine.ini by half and setting the z-buffer depth to 16. However, by doing these tweaks on the graphic settings, I encounter several issues such as the absence of shadow and some object shimmering. is there any alternative or any ideal setting for the flightengine.ini to optimize the framerates with minimal loss in quality? The previous versions of the patch work just fine without having any mess to the flightengine.ini by the way. This latest patch somehow eats more CPU and graphics resource.

i have tried the aforementioned tweak and the 0 MaxTextureRes trick, and looking forward to hear some suggestion as related to the flightengine.ini while I'm waiting for the budget to get a graphics card. lowering the in-game setting results greater loss in quality so i don't think i would mess with them. I'll appreciate any help from you guys, cheers!

note: my graphics card is so lame and not even designed for gaming, i know, and yes I'm looking forward to upgrade it. so please, please, please, don't recommend me to upgrade my hardware :D

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=16

MaxVertexCount=8192

MaxIndexCount=16384

MaxTextureCount=4096

MaxModelType=1024

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=2048

MaxLightPerScene=128

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

To get a better frame rate you should reduce the horizon distance in the options menu.

To get a better frame rate you should reduce the horizon distance in the options menu.

alright, thanks Gepard!

for those who have a lame card like me can try my settings by the way. it really boosts the framerates and it doesn't hurt either. no shadow and occasional shimmering, that's all. :grin