Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Pfalz A.II conversion for Laton's E.III

Pfalz A.II conversion for Laton's E.III

A set of skins and some file tweaks to convert Laton's Pfalz E.III into an A.II You must have Laton's plane in order for this to work.

The Pfalz A.II was identical to the E.III, except that the A.II was unarmed. I have removed the gun and Loadouts from the E.III data file, changed the way shadows are generated in the ini file, and created two new skins for the plane. There is a German skin, with a stripe around the fuselage, and an Austrian skin with red bars on the wingtips and fuselage. The original skins will still work with my conversion. I also made a new hangar screen to display the plane's new name. Everything else is the same as in Laton's original.

Installation instructions:

If you haven't already, download and install Laton's Pfalz E.III pack from the CombatACE Download area. My install is only for the E.III and will replace some of the original files - you might want to make backups before you proceed.

For FE1 - In your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder, make a copy of the PfalzEIII folder and name it "PfalzAII." Copy all the files from my "PfalzAII" folder into your "PfalzAII" folder. Click "Yes" if it asks if you want to replace an existing file. You can delete the PfalzEIII.ini, PfalzEIII_data.ini, PfalzE.III_Loadout.ini, and PfalzEIII_Hangar.bmp files. All the other files are needed for the conversion.

For FE2 - In your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder, make a copy of the PfalzEIII folder and name it "PfalzAII." Copy all the files from my "PfalzAII" folder into your "PfalzAII" folder. Click "Yes" if it asks if you want to replace an existing file. You can delete the PfalzEIII.ini, PfalzEIII_data.ini, PfalzE.IIILoadout.ini, and PfalzEIII_Hangar.bmp files. All the other files are needed for the conversion.

Next, in your FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, make a new folder named "PfalzAII". Move the folder named "D" from your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft/PfalzAII folder into the FirstEagles/Decals/Aircraft/PfalzAII folder you just made.