Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Anyone know of a graphic card for this pc?

Hi, I know i need a pc upgrade but i on tight budget. Does anyone know what graphic card can run on this HP pc for DCS sims? Specs below from site. I am looking for an affordable card but dont wanna buy anything and then it does not work or fit into the slot. Thanks.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01164511&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

From what i could understand, you have one PCI Express x16 slot there. It says "(none available)" so i guess this means the GeForce 8300GS card is installed there. If you are on a tight budget i guess Cape Verde Radeons should be ideal to you. Maybe a 7770 or a 7750.

Depends on how much you have to spend. If you can give more details on the range of how much you wanna spend we can help you better. This because your system is already pretty limited, that and also being a "production line" PC, as i like to call it, adds a few more upgrade difficulties. Let's face it, Dell, HP etc... don't assembly their desktop machines in order to be upgradable. I actually loathe the damn things.

Hi, thx for reply. I prefer lowest i spending if you know of any cards. i usually prefer to get things at newegg. I say range as 50-100. The PS is 300W and the pci cant tell if 2.0 or not. Yes, the 8300 128RAM is the default card. I need the 512 RAM to work with DCS sims.

Edited by dsawan

I just can tell you taht DCS FC3 is killing my ALENWARE M17XR2 2x R 5870 , 8 gb ram , RAID 0 1T , i7 2.8 to be honest Im not sure that this is so meuch system underpower related as it has no matter if I play at hi setings or low what ever I try I end up with huge frame drops even at lower res ..ok I play this under W8pro 64 bit and it is still beta so I give some hope.