Anyone else had this issue? I have zero force feedback even though its clicked on in the hardware section of the game. I checked it in SF2 and it worked, so I know its not my stick (G940)

Not sure if its related but sometimes my views switch from pan to snap for my HOV button.

On an unrelated topic, maybe I haven't got far enough on the campaigns, but do they get more intense as far as naval battles? I imagine formations and formations of planes heading towards the IJN fleet during Midway but it just seems slow. Have I just not explored enough in the game or is this a FPS issue cause I am thinking about making my own, heavy , thick missions since I have a top end machine. Thanks in advance!

To address your last point first, the campaigns aren't that great. The RAF one is almost universally panned, and the German one is better on a mission-by-mission basis but disjointed and has you following no particular pattern (ie Ju-87 flying to 110 flying to 109 flying to He-111 flying, etc). There are 3rd party campaigns, both free and payware, that are far superior. If you enjoy that aspect of flight simming, do yourself a favor and skip the stock ones. However, there are still limits to the number of planes in a single mission that I believe will prevent you from ever achieving what you picture. For that, I think you'll need to visit the re-release of BoB2 that is far older but DOES support hundreds of planes at once.

As to views, I've used TIR for years now, so I have no experience with hat/view issues. Can't say if it's something others have seen much or not as so many others use TIR too and I honestly don't recall anyone else mentioning it.

Saving first for last, the FFB in this does seem odd. It works for me but erratically. Usually on entering a mission the stick is very stiff but has no feedback to flight forces...it's like it just doesn't support FFB (which the initial releases and early patches did not, BTW). Then I pull the trigger, and the stick instantly loses like 75% of its tension...but I can feel the forces happening now, weakly. It's an irritant, but I've managed to live with it.

I presume you are using the Logi 5.10 SW for the 940 and the final updated firmware that added the hysteresis in the driver calibration screens? If not, that's what I use, so perhaps you should upgrade drivers and/or firmware.

Beyond that, well I'm using Win 7 64-bit, and if you're using something else maybe it's an OS-related issue. Bottom line is it DOES work for me, not great but serviceable, but there were no tricks or hoops I had to go through that I can recall.

Thanks Obi-wan Kenobi. I am running Win 7 64 as well but I will try the update for the Logi 5.10 SW. I haven't turned things on after SF2 crashed one too many times about 5 months ago, so I am probably out of date. Not a huge issue but was curious.

I will check out some new campaigns like you said. Any reason why the game doesn't support hundreds of aircraft? It seems like its got everything else.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers

Purely performance. I don't recall what the upper limit is, but as you approach it I understand the game becomes unplayable. I don't know if it's the AI routines or the FMs or both or what exactly, but all flight sims have a limit for maximum planes in the air and other than BoB for most it's not far over 100.