Sign in to follow this  

hi, i have recently realised that we get carriers 4 sfp1 sp3, and so i got the albion and bulwick, which work fine, however when i try to get the cv59 , it doent work, i load up a carrier test, and i am just stitting on water, no carrier.i put all files into the a cv 59 forder in objects, and have added a line in the ground object data.ini i also put the cv 59 ini file in the objects folder as well, but left 1 in the cv 59 file as well. also when i try and put an f14 on the albion , i get to the end of the ship and the plane blows up. not so good. any 1 have any answeres? . please help :help:

thanks

andy

I had the same problem with the CV-59. The problem is that the model was modeled with more polygons that the game will let into the game. To fix this here is what you will have to do.

---You will need the SFP1E .CAT Extract Program---

1. Extract the FLIGHTENGINE.ini from your Strike Fighters/Flight Folder

2. Once you have extracted it, open it and replace GraphicsSettings entry with these lines

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

3. Save and Close the FLIGHTENGINE.ini

4. Go fly some CV-59 Carrier Ops!

**NOTE** By putting in these lines, the game will handle more Polygons, which is not recomended for low spec computers. But it works fairly fine on mine and my computer is pretty crappy******

I don't know about the Albion, sorry.

Cheers,

Cylix=JW=

Do you mean that the F-14 blows up at deck height or fails to fly>crash?

If the latter I suspect that the cat strength in the Albion .ini isn't up to the F-14s weight.

thanks a lot cycix, ill try that.

the tomcat just reaches the end of the deck, this is when i released brakes, and the just blows up height level of the deck

I've had the same problem with the CV59's cats whiles the carrier is moving. I still haven't tried to fix that yet(I need too try and fix it)..anyways

Try This when taking off from the Albion:

1. Flaps to takeoff

2. Full Throttle(Afterburners)

3. Release the Brakes

and you should fly right off the deck. I know for a fact that the bulwark and albion have less cat power then the CV59..

CV-59 launches you at about 400 kts.. :blink:

and

Albion/bulwark launches as about 250 kts or less..

its weird..

Cylix=JW=

Noobie here.

Trying to get the Forrestal to work...

I beleive I have installed it correctly and modified the Flightengine.INI file.

When i modify the abovr file, do I have to put it back in the .CAT file or do I just save in the Flight Folder?

Im just confused on how to get it to work. I start the F4 Mission CV Mission I D/L, and Im just in the water. And I can see the coast of North Vietnam, seems to me that the Forrestal wouldnt be operating so close to the Shore.

Nefarious,

Could you post the mission your having trouble with?.....

I made some of those practice missions,,just to practice cat.launches & traps..

Make sure you remove the CV59 data.ini from the CV59 folder and put it in the objects folder.

Also was the mission you downloaded in mission file or did you have to convert it to one from notepad?? :)

Nefarious,

Could you post the mission your having trouble with?.....

I made some of those practice missions,,just to practice cat.launches & traps..

Make sure you remove the CV59 data.ini from the CV59 folder and put it in the objects folder.

Also was the mission you downloaded in mission file or did you have to convert it to one from notepad?? :)

Just figured it out, I was using the HMS Bulwark Mission. And...I dont have the BUlwark. :closedeyes:

And I did convert from Notepad. I have a F8 Carrier Mission, using the Forrestal. Will try that out in a minute.

Don't feel bad,i did the same thing..... :grin:

You know that the aircraft can be changed in the mission,,,just open the mission in note pad,,change the aircraft entry in two places.

I have several practice missions that i made with different ac,carriers,& terrain..

Would be happy to create one for you to practice with,,,just name the ac,carrier,

terrain.... :yes:

F-8 Crusader Mission Works, Although the Carrier is still right off shore.

I think Ive got the hang of it now, Thanks Again!

Ok...

Can't Get F-8 off Deck.

Full Afterburner, but my brakes wont hold me. Just rolls off deck into water, in which I live for a second then blowup. Although my Wingie, hits the water and keeps going.

Im interested in making some missions possibly even campaigns, once I get the hang of it.

But first I need to get my sader off the deck :D

Nefarious,

Post the mission your having a prob with the F-8 rolling off the deck...

I put some carriers close to shore so that you could fly to a target and practice with out long time flying over water & carrier would be easy to find... :grin:

Do you have the updated CV-59 ???i believe Capun has it at his site... :grin:

Edited by dfang

Guest IndioBlack

The fact that some of you are having problems with the CV-59 Forrestal really surprises me. I presume you're all using it in STRIKE FIGHTERS, fully patched?

I wrote a set of four standard missions for the F-14 flying from the CV-59, which are available on this site. I was able to do this, because there are no problems whatsoever with taking off, or landing on the carrier.

In a four-aircraft flight, you can take off, you can then watch your wingman take-off, and the two aircraft behind you take-off too.

The wheelbrake key seems to act as a cat-launch trigger. If you sit on deck with no throttle, hitting the wheelbrake key suddenly pushes you to full afterburner and off the deck, at which point you start to slow down, because you have no throttle set. A good way to take-off is to set 60% throttle, hit the wheelbrake/cat-trigger key and once the afterburner kicks out off-deck, your 60% throttle should take over quite nicely.

The only slight strangeness with landing is that after you've successfully trapped, the aircraft starts to slide left off the deck, because you're at an angle to the Carrier's direction of travel. But once-trapped, you just hit the pause key and admire yourself, before exiting the mission.

I've had quite a few downloads of the mission set and no complaints yet, so I'm assuming that most people are flying off the CV-59 with no problems. However, it's a bit scary to find that there might be more than one site out there supposedly carrying the same CV-59, but one is updated and one isn't. That seems the most likely reason why some of you are having problems, whereas some of us are really enjoying our new toys.