Sign in to follow this  
Poy56

Cobra Maneuver

Hey, I saw in the options that there is a button for the Cobra maneuver, I presume you must be flying the Su-27 or 33 to do this... does any one know the finer points of executing this maneuver?

Press the "K" key. The manuver will be performed automatically (v1.02 don't know if it will be the same for FC, some key commands got changed in FC).

Hey, I saw in the options that there is a button for the Cobra maneuver, I presume you must be flying the Su-27 or 33 to do this... does any one know the finer points of executing this maneuver?

The Cobra can be performed with the MiG29, as well as the two Sukhois. There is a speed-limit in place (around 400knots or so if I'm not totally out in the fields), but as long as you're under that you should do fine. Remember to have enough altitude so that you can recover properly and not make a swimming-pond for the groundhogs like I did on my first try :P

The procedure is pretty straightforward, though. Here's what I usually do when attempting this move:

1: slow to under 400knots

2: Throttle to Idle

3: Haul back on the stick while hammering the "K"-key until either my hand bleeds or the jet Kobra's.

4: Punch the stick and throttle forward to lower the nose and get your speed back up fast. Again, check your altitude before you do this :P

Taken from Flanker 2 manual (Good reading btw).

Hope It's ok to post here, If not just feel free to edit the post.

post-847-1109723679_thumb.jpg

post-847-1109723702_thumb.jpg