sportsterjim

hard drive and fps rate

i have a 7200 rpm hard drive and when im flying the frame rate drops when i start looking around using my trackir 5.i was wondering what hard drives other people are using.also where in mscbfs3 can i change the frame rate.thanks....sportsterjim

Hard drives don't really have an impact on Framerate, just loading times. GPU, CPU, and RAM is what you have to worry about

As above Hard drives have no issues might be a good idea to post your computer specs... that way we could advise better...

thanks for the replys.my motherboard is a gigabyte ga-ep43-ud3l,my cpu is a pentiun dual core e6700 3.2 ghz,menory is corsair xm52 800ghz 6 gigs of ram and a evga gtx 560 vidio card.what is happening when im playing the frame rate drops from high 50s to as low as mid teens,then back up again.this happens as i look around when flying using my trakir 5.not sure why this happens as its not all the time.the longer i play the worse it gets.any help would greatly apprecated.thanks......sportsterjim

Okay next question here if you look around without the TrackIR what does it do then ?

when using the hat button the frame rate drops from mid fiftrys to mid thritys and sometimes lower.cant get a steady frame rate.my menory is ddr 2,would this cause the problem.also is there a way to set frame rate in cfs3.agian thanks for the help.......sportsterjim

when using the hat button the frame rate drops from mid fiftrys to mid thritys and sometimes lower.cant get a steady frame rate.my menory is ddr 2,would this cause the problem.also is there a way to set frame rate in cfs3.agian thanks for the help.......sportsterjim

In the the main game folder, there's a folder named default. In that folder, there's a .xml file named cfs3. Open it using notepad or wordpad and about half way down under graphics section, you'll see max frame rate.

On another note, I must respectfully disagree on a hdd not having an impact on game performance, especially flight sims. A poorly optimized hard drive can make a difference in how a game runs if cache or swap is involved and the base CFS3 engine does swap texture files. File location and swap file placement can indeed improve performance.

Ultimate Defrag and O&O are but two disc management programs that allow direct, specific placement of apps, files, etc. Place your favorite flight sim on the very first track of the hdd, followed by a blank 4096 block and then the swap file and judge the difference.

I run BHaH/HitR maxed out with fps locked @30 on a 6-1/2yr system and it's smooth as silk with TIR4.

And at this point, I'll bite my tongue regarding the meaningless term "fps".

plug_nickel

Edited by almccoyjr

In the the main game folder, there's a folder named default. In that folder, there's a .xml file named cfs3. Open it using notepad or wordpad and about half way down under graphics section, you'll see max frame rate.

On another note, I must respectfully disagree on a hdd not having an impact on game performance, especially flight sims. A poorly optimized hard drive can make a difference in how a game runs if cache or swap is involved and the base CFS3 engine does swap texture files. File location and swap file placement can indeed improve performance.

Ultimate Defrag and O&O are but two disc management programs that allow direct, specific placement of apps, files, etc. Place your favorite flight sim on the very first track of the hdd, followed by a blank 4096 block and then the swap file and judge the difference.

I run BHaH/HitR maxed out with fps locked @30 on a 6-1/2yr system and it's smooth as silk with TIR4.

And at this point, I'll bite my tongue regarding the meaningless term "fps".

plug_nickel

Ignore thanks!

Edited by ChickenGeorge

so can i change the frame rate in this file and will it make a diffurance in the frame rate? thanks ....sportsterjim

It should level out the fps so you shouldn't have so much of the fps in the 60's or 70's suddenly dropping into the 20's all the time. Although you won't get as many slow downs in your fps, the top fps rate may decrease a bit, too.

BTW, sportserjim, I've just uploaded an update to my FM which should restore the turning speed to your Triplane that was a little slow in FM 3.0.

in the default folder

the frame rate is set at 0.i tried setting it at 40 and it did not make any diffance.not sure if i,m doing this right.as for your new mod will try it today and let you know.thanks....sportsterjim