Number6

Mods to help control campaign mission tasking?

With the stock WOE etc. campaign setup, when you load a campaign for a given date, you are assigned a computer-generated mission (that may or may not make sense given the battlefield situation, or your own tastes). It would be nice to have more control over this; for example, a one-button option to force the campaign engine to generate a different mission. Going even further, it'd be great if you could generate a custom sortie to attack a target of your choice, or even manually create a sortie for an AI flight. It'd also be nice if you could tell the campaign engine to generate a specific type of mission for your flight (strike, close air support, air intercept, etc.).

I haven't found any mods that can do this, at least not within the context of a campaign in progress. Some of these features may be beyond the campaign engine or game interface without major changes. And integrating all this with a GUI would probably be tons of work. But if anyone knows of something like this, please let me know.

With the stock WOE etc. campaign setup, when you load a campaign for a given date, you are assigned a computer-generated mission (that may or may not make sense given the battlefield situation, or your own tastes). It would be nice to have more control over this; for example, a one-button option to force the campaign engine to generate a different mission. Going even further, it'd be great if you could generate a custom sortie to attack a target of your choice, or even manually create a sortie for an AI flight. It'd also be nice if you could tell the campaign engine to generate a specific type of mission for your flight (strike, close air support, air intercept, etc.).

I haven't found any mods that can do this, at least not within the context of a campaign in progress. Some of these features may be beyond the campaign engine or game interface without major changes. And integrating all this with a GUI would probably be tons of work. But if anyone knows of something like this, please let me know.

The only thing I can think that may help would be the Campaign and Mission edittors in the DLC section

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_dlc.htm they are about half way down the page, good luck.

yah, but that's for SF2 ONLY

That blows for him then. Upgrade to the newer SF2 Europe.