Sign in to follow this  
Padraig

Over the Front

It is my sincere hope that I do not end up embarrassing myself with this. A few weeks ago I joined the "League of World War I Aviation Historians" at Over the Front because they send out a quarterly Magazine which looks nifty.  I received my emailed payment receipt, and then jumped right in with an email to their "ask the experts" Email address in which I inquired about colours/markings for George McElroy, and American tail markings (which Lima33 has already answered;). As of this post I have not received an answer, but wouldn't hold that against them. It was when I returned to the site and happened upon a note stating that if I had not received verification in the mail that I should email with a particular subject line [. . .] which I have also not received a reply to.  Now after sending a reply to the sender of the payment receipt and not hearing back I am beginning to feel a little angry.

Has anyone here been to the site and/or joined?

No but I had thought about joining. Sorry for your experience but thank you for posting, you confirmed my reservations about them.

So many resources online these days. The good folks on this forum have always been a good source of information for me too.  Have you tried the Rise of Flight web site

Can't beat 'the Aerodrome' for somewhere you can find plenty of experts on just about anything to do with WW1 in the air. Also book reviews and articles, short bios of aces, lots. really. Free, too.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/index.php