Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

England v Poland

Poland football fans plan to unveil a flag at the World Cup qualifying match against England commemorating Polish pilots' role in the Battle of Britain.

The Polish checkerboard design of the 20m x 20m (65ft x 65ft) flag is the symbol of the Polish Air Force.

The RAF's 303 Squadron, formed with Polish aircrew, was Fighter Command's most successful unit in the Battle of Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24535805

Best of luck for tonight

• Like 1

Nice idea from the young polish emigrants. (so bad that we just play for nothing ;) )

Visiting my grand parents every other week, we used to drive past the memorial to the Free Poles next to RAF Northolt.  There were/are always wreaths.

Having said that, I'm glad England beat Poland tonight.  Not that they'll win the World Cup.

Yes I've been past there a few times myself

An England WC victory these days consists of making it past the group stage..............