LtCasey

Sweet FX or the easy way to make OFF look "wow"

Hi Chaps,

over the weekend I used this little wonderful tool, to enhance OFF graphically, without overloading the proccessor.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

I use this already for ROF. and the results are jawdropping. 

Instructions: DL, install, set path to CFS3.exe. tweak it to your likings. Before starting OFF, start SweetFX, minimize,enjoy. 

I have set my Terrain, and Scenery slider at "2" anything else at 5, everything looks crisp, and the game runs smooth, even over Verdun area, and the sky is full of "birds".

Regards

How abought a before and after ScreenShot?

Hi,

At work atm. If you open up the link, and scroll the page down, you´ll see many shots. Or experience it yourself. Its absolutly easy. Will not have a chance to post some today. And IMHO, no screenie shows the real picture.

Regards

I use it for FSX. For OFF I use the ENB coming from Lothar I think.

ooo, Thanks for the headsup!..I own every game mentioned here..so, I'll take a look :)

Am I missing something?...I have downloaded it, but no installer..just wants me to copy it all into the game of my choice?

oh.. 32bit only :(

I'm running the 1.5 version for FSX on my Win 7 64... but FSX is an oldie from 2006 !  I know it also works with Rise of Flight. Both run on DX9 though...

Am I missing something?...I have downloaded it, but no installer..just wants me to copy it all into the game of my choice?

Yep that's the way it works... then you can toggle with/without using Shift - F12 at least on my PC.

Some guy at the RoF forums had developped a UI called Flight FX which allows you to change the settings "on the fly" with a graphic interface.

Edited by corsaire31

Sorry for not responding, I´m on bussiness travelling and so far not always able to help.  But Corsaire31 does it perfectly!!! :clapping:

As he stated, flight FX  makes it more easy, not to say, just plain simple.

THX Corsaire for the heads up.

Thanks Guys..Yes, I stumbled across the RoF one....I'll experiment further..thanks :)

Sorry I got confused with ENB, in fact you toggle SweetFX on and off with "Scroll Lock" key. I forgot because I always leave it on.  :biggrin:

To give you an idea, here are two unedited pics from FSX, with (first one) and without (second one) Sweet SFX. For FSX it really changes the game !

(FSX pic taken in Prince Rupert, Canada - Ultimate Terrain X Canada - Ground Environment X North America - Flight Environment X - freeware Prince Rupert airfield)

withSFX2013-11-6_10-48_zps0f4912cb.jpg

withoutSFX2013-11-6_10-48_zpsd573b4b4.jp

Edited by corsaire31

Yoooo Corsaire, this looks beautiful!!! Nice shot.

Hmm.. Scroll lock in my fsx brings up the ATC

Yes I know you juste have to delete this assignment as there is already another key for ATC ( and for myself it is on my joystick...)

By the way Corsaire.. if you're an FSX fan, you will know about the DX10 Preview...can cause a few problems with missing/Blacked out textures etc.

Well I'm running my FSX in DX10...with no problems, thanks to http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/category/dx10/

You do have to pay..but it's not much..and worth a look