Sign in to follow this  
Rends

Missing aircraft engine sounds

While flying the A-10 i realized that i don't have the correct engine sounds. It sounds like a generic hum sound and not the high pitch A 10 sound.

I checked SF2 youtube videos and the correct sound is there. Completely different than mine.

Didn't find some help in the knowledge base but other threads with similar problems.

I wonder also that there is no sound folder in the main game directory and not such thing like a sound.ini

Every other game and speech sound seems to be there.

I'm not sure if i have the problem with other aircrafts too but the few i tried sounds somewhat similar to the sound i have with the A10 but then with afterburner sounds if used.

Rends

This is the sound i'm talking about and want to have:

Is it the stock sound or a mod?

Put this .WAV file in the "SOUNDS" folder, within your MOD folder.  If you don't have a "SOUNDS" folder, just create one.

After that:

- extract the A-10A_data.ini or the A-10A_78_data.ini

- edit the line that calls out the engine's sound file to point to A10Engine.wav

- place the edited .INI file into the aircraft's folder, within your MOD folder

I think Fubar first made this .WAV

A10Engine.rar

Many thx for the file and instructions!

Was a bit triggy to get it working because it was the first time to for me to use the extractor but after some file searches i found the needed stuff.

Thx again,

Rends