Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Vengeur

Counters & screens for SF2:WW2Pacific

Counters & screens for SF2:WW2Pacific

I had once worked on a campaign for SF1, set in the Marianas, June 1944 (using Wrench's map). I had let it aside, then discovered that The Dev A-Team had perfectly completed this project within its free mod for SF2 full-5 merged: WW2Pacific, and its Expansion Pack 1 (available as usual at Capun Skunkworks). Yet, I'd like to provide here some recyclable marginal works I had designed for this campaign, updated and complemented for an SF2 release, which could be a fine graphical addition to The Dev A-Team's mod:

• A batch of colorful, reduced-size counters, devoted to each of the nationalities significantly present during the War in the Pacific – but also expanding to the CBI Theater (China-Burma-India). Besides having a more attractive map and less confused stacks, you can also find more easily the units you're after. As a rule, the counters with rectangular national flags and regimental/divisional devices show the ground units, while the counters with roundels concern the air units. For several nations, alternative counters are included to cover the different periods of The War when the aircraft skins or roundels changed.
  • Lot of screens and related texts, initially intended to be linked to my own Marianas 1944 campaign (screens are converted to .jpg format, and includes some alternative screens). Screens and texts cover: openings, daily missions briefings, and campaign victory/draw/defeat/KIA debriefings, for each side.

Bon appétit !

Outstanding map counters, thanks Cap'n. They add a lot of color to the WW2 Pacific mod. :biggrin:

One thing I found, using this add-on to the WW2 PTO mod, is that the sim freezes whenever I select "Map", unless I comment out from the new PlanningMapScreen.INI file the line

UseNationIcon=TRUE

But editing the new PlanningMapScreen.INI file as follows makes this add-on work fine:

UseRelativeAlignment=FALSE
// UseNationIcon=TRUE
NationAircraftIconFormat=MapIconAir_%s.bmp
NationGroundForceIconFormat=MapIconGround_%s.bmp
NationNavalUnitIconFormat=MapIconNaval_%s.bmp

I don't know why this is so, but there it is.

This is with a fully merged install of all five SF2 titles, so maybe there is something which got added to the sim in SF2NA which does not like the code "UseNationIcon="

Edited by Gatling20