Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider883

Book Release : Eagles Over Bangladesh- IAF in the 1971 war

I've got the book "The Indo-Pakistan Air War of 1965" also written by Mohan and Chopra. In the

book about the 1971 war I'd love to read the parts about the clashes between PAF F-104s and

IAF MiG-21s!

I've got the book "The Indo-Pakistan Air War of 1965" also written by Mohan and Chopra. In the

book about the 1971 war I'd love to read the parts about the clashes between PAF F-104s and

IAF MiG-21s!

Unlike the 1965 book, the is book focuses on IAF operations in the eastern sector only.

MiG-21FL v/s F-104 encounters took place on the western front.

I guess the "Bangladesh" part in the title gives that away. :wink:

Are they making a separate book about the western front then?

I guess the "Bangladesh" part in the title gives that away. :wink:

Are they making a separate book about the western front then?

Western Front book is in the works as per the Jagan;s posts on FB. Considering the amount of effort and research put into  getting this book out and the amount of mission details written in the book, the next book on the western front should be very  good, as most air battles took place on the western front. 

One of my favorite books is one written by Martin Pegg about the Hs129. It's a massive book with tons of data on the plane as well as its development and operational history throughout the war. It just perfectly epitomizes what I think a book like that should be. I'm all for those kinds of efforts!