Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

CT GOV TO GUNOWNER: "YOU LOST, GET OVER IT"!

Even with some of the restrictions they want to implement, do you know how good you have it? Go to a gun shop and buy your favourite over the counter.

When I come visit the states, you guys owe me a day at the range with my choice of weapons. I need that after a life in this country ;-)

Gun range??? Do you mean out my back door?

I live in the country and have removeable (to make mowing easier) 25-meter and 50-meter pistol placements. The only thing I'm waiting on to go active is some steel plate to use as a backstop. I also have a position set at about 120 meters for my .22 rifle.

And exploding targets. Bought over-the-counter.

As Yakov Smirnoff would say, "Whatacountry!!!"

• Like 1

Jonathan, if you are ever in Montana, come visit. This place screams freedom. We ALL love to shoot here. :biggrin:

Edited by pcpilot
  • Like 1

I have to live in this POS state with these out of town liberal carpet baggers and the indigenous welfare queens. This state is on it's way to being California when it comes to out of touch legislation.The State Government has no clue what a dangerous weapon is and what to do about violent crime. The shooter could have racked up the same amount of kills at Sandy Hook if he had a pump shotgun and a couple revolvers. it was a target rich environment with clusters of targets at point blank range. banning a gun or a magazine size won't stop that...idiots.oh FYI CT has 3 of the top 10 most dangerous cities in America with populations under 200K. Hartford,New Haven and Bridgeport. I live in Bridgeport and I can tell you the crime has nothing to do with mag size or "assault weapons" it's about wannabe thugs who grew up with no fathers and no rules who think they are owed everything.

Edited by whiteknight06604
  • Like 1

Way to go Gov. Malloy for standing up for your citizens!

BTW Steel makes a horrible backstop material. Ever heard of a ricochet?  But I guess I just wasted my time analyzing weapon firing tables and drawing scale surface danger zone diagrams. Maybe I am wrong but I distinctly remember back stop material being discussed at M-1 Tank Master Gunner School in 2000. If you would have wrote "steel" in the answer block then you would have been a NO-GO.

Try this..... 5 to 8 meter tall earth berm.

The "Shoot-houses" we used for Battle Drill 6 and CQB had either old tires stacked on telephone poles to make walls or similar absorbent material on the walls to prevent ricochet. The most hi tech ones had steel walls with a hard rubber like material covering it with about a six inch space between the wall and the material. NATO 5.56mm round would hit the thick rubber slowdown and hit the back wall deform and ricochet back into the back of the rubber after losing and incredible amount of velocity.

Whatever, Way to keep the fight up Gov. Malloy!

Edited by CrazyhorseB34