Sign in to follow this  
colmack

Autodesk is really putting a cramp in my style!

they wont let me register the product I think I got a virus or something so every time i fired it up it registered the product and there is limit on how many times a product can be registered on a machine i guess, now Autodesk says my serial number is invalid..... I have had it running for over a year now this...... ARRRRRRRGGGGGAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ring tech support!

If not welcome to the world of Blender

Autodesk are complete, f**king a$$holes!! They put a surcharge on EVERYTHING, it's unbelievable. They make money hand over fist and use anti-competitive behaviour to muscle consumers into paying their unbelievable demands or to do without. Since they have a monopoly on all their products here in Oz (ie, only they are allowed to sell any of their products, any secondary sales through retailers are considered illegal, as in pirated), at one point, I could have literally flown from Sydney to LA, grabbed a copy, and flown straight back, and I STILL would have paid less money than if I'd bought it here! The price difference for a 3DSM licensing key between here and the US was something in the order of $2500!! And that's a digital copy too, not an actual hard copy. They've made it so you can only use region-specific versions now, so any copies you buy overseas won't work in your region-- common practise was to get it from overseas due to the aforementioned price gouge. But if they discover you're not using their current version, they attempt to force you into compliance through disabling software/accounts (as I had experienced with a previous employer in 2011) or they have been known to issue cease and desists. They and their business model, are scumbags.

I know it doesn't help you with your troubles with them, Colmack, but you're definitely not the only person to get screwed around with their products and their licensing system. I would recommend ANY 3D software that ISN'T an Autodesk product over their stuff any day (definitely Blender!). Most of their updates in the last few years have about as much difference as any of the EA Sports titles have had over the last decade (think NBA Live 2K4-2K9 for example), even if the product is (was?) quite good. But it's definitely not worth paying for with your first born son. Any other time, I might have sympathy when a company has their product pirated en masse like they do. but not these guys. Autodesk can collectively perch and rotate on my middle finger. Figuratively, of course. [/rant]

Edited by SayWhatt