Sign in to follow this  
franchoc

Cuestion about invisibility in animations 3ds max

How i can make objects invisible in an animation? Position and rotation works well, but not invisibility. Invisibility works well in the test with 3ds max but the game ignores. I want to pass an object from visible to invisible.

Thanks in advance

? What is the object/mesh? Depending on what it is, their are a coupe of ways to hide something, That is, fool the game engine into hiding it.

Edited by RAVEN

The idea is to make an animation for a two-stage ICBM,  where one party falls and should disappear while keeping the warhead in flight.

Simple. Make the Warhead the 'MainStage' then the secretion to detach the 'Booster' in Max you will have to link everything that you want to fall off to the Booster mesh, then link that to the main Mesh. Weapons Editor dose the rest. Look at the weapons.ini at a Sam for Ref

I did that for my Natter/Sam and the boosters separate when the booster burns out.

Edited by RAVEN

OK, I tested the natter, good job !!! I guess it will work, since apparently this defined in data.ini BoosterNodeName = Booster
I'll try that. For now I just started in the 3d world and just put simple cylinders and cones ... for a weapon work well.
Now I still doubt, a model airplane, if I want a mesh in an animation disappears how do I do it? with keyauto and def.key, object properties and visibility 0 does not work in the game. I've assigned the TCB controller. Sorry for my english...

The (Booster) mesh can have any name, like 'Stage-1' or 'Cylinder01' as long as it matches.

(BoosterNodeName=Cylinder01) in the WeaponsData.ini. To make other things (Other meshes) disappear depends on what function it serves.

LandingGear can disappear when retracted.

Air brakes, inside nodes,

You can fool the game a number of ways, but it has limits. Look at the Me-163 Comet the Gear falls off, until it's extended again. Another trick is to animate a mesh to move to the inside of the model, you can control it by Assigned ID, or use a AerodynamicSpeed statement trick. Like I said

, it depends on the meshes function. One of the most important things I've lerned is the 'hierarchy' of the meshes in 3DMax to make things do what you want them to do. One other thing, the position or proper function of a mesh in game sometimes depends on how it's exported. Example is a Rear firing machine gun,(tail gun) it has to be exported facing forward to be correct in game, I spent a few days pulling out my hair to get the Storch aft gun to work correctly.

Edited by RAVEN