Sign in to follow this  
ironroad

Probably one of the best Solutions I have found for Mounting

When it comes to us flight and space simmers we have been pretty much left out in the cold the last decade or so.

Most companies have gone the console or racing sim/game route when it comes to accessories.

Came across this because for over two years I have been looking for an alternative to the now defunct Joylock Clamp system.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/151681/joystick-or-hotas-desk-mounting-hardware

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/shifter-accessories/clubsport-shifter-table-clamp-us.html

TableClamp_04-228x228.jpg

29.95 USD, not sure how much they charge for shipping, but looks like it holds some promise.

The L-bracket is 21.95.

http://www.altrider.com/rotopax-l-bracket/pid/398and sold by a different company.

Before I got my current desk, the Ikea Fredde, I used of metal braces and L-shaped brackets to make a mount for my X65 HOTAS system.

The brackets worked; but the system was fixed, the corners were sharp and dangerous, and it required drilling into the desk to mount it.

Not sure what the shipping would be for the above clamps and for those in North America/The Americas, I believe these objects ship from Europe or the UK (not sure).

More information and examples of use can be found on the Roberts Space Industries form (link above).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By chrispdm1
      WOFF Default Keyboard Controls
      View File Here is a quick sheet I compiled showing all the default keyboard and joystick controls in Wings: Over Flanders Fields
      Submitter chrispdm1 Submitted 12/12/2013 Category Maps, Missions, and Campaigns  
    • By KJakker
      Well today my Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick that I have had for, I think, fifteen years seems to have finally died on me.

I was testing some aircraft data file and weapons mods in SF2. The instant my test mission finished loading the aircraft went into an uncommanded role to the right and I was forced to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game. After that the game did not recognize the joystick which prompted me to check windows which showed that the stick was not detected by the OS but the port I had the joystick plugged into detected a flash drive just fine.

I have run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and tried plugging the stick into multiple USB ports on three different computers to no effect. I don't know if it is the USB plug or an internal component that has failed.

Any advice other than buying a new Joystick?
    • By Flying Colander
      This is a Luftwaffe flight stick reproduced is resin and aluminium. It sports 5 completely wired buttons. The trigger springs up into a safety. The overall length is 65cm, about 25-26 inches long. The stick is perfect for a DIY flight stick project which I never managed to get to. I originally purchased the grip from a well-known German sim equipment maker. The stick has never been used.

I have it up for sale on Ebay starting at $199 which could be a bargain for someone. However, I'm just looking to cover my original purchase price against a strong Euro. $325 and it's yours now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201438277421?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Am willing to cut the alu post to your specifications to reduce shipping costs. Actual shipping costs, no gouging. Pick up in Phoenix, AZ area welcome.

Any questions? Please inquire.

• By snachito
      I didn't think my FFB joystick would work in WOV, but it does the only problem is I can't find a way to lower the tension for the x and y axis even after taking the joystick sensitivity down to nil still the stick is stiff and I mean stiff!! I know with other flight sims, I can tone it down by using a FFB editor, but I have to go in, in each game and find the FFB folder............but I can't seem to find this type of folder in WOV? Is there any way I can tone down the FFB in WOV and WOE? Thank you
    • By chrispdm1
      Here is a quick sheet I compiled showing all the default keyboard and joystick controls in Wings: Over Flanders Fields

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..