Sign in to follow this  
Geary

3 Fictional Sabre/Fury Planes for SF1

3 Fictional Sabre/Fury Planes for SF1

2 Fictional Sabres and 1 Fictional Fury for SF1

You will need columns5's FJ-3M Fury from here: http://combatace.com/files/file/525-fj-3m-fury-addon/

This pack contains files to convert the FJ-3M Fury to:

1 - A USN FJ-3B Attack Fury, a fictionalized version of the real USN FJ-4B Fury ground attack variant of the FJ-4 Fury - capable of carrying AGM-12B Bulpup Air-to-Ground missiles; Aero 7D_FFAR Pods; AIM-9B Air-to-Air Missles; various and sundry bombs, rocketpods, etc....

2 - An F-86B Attack Sabre. The USAF version of the above USN FJ-3B ground attack jet.

3 - An F-86G Sabre. The USAF version of the FJ-3M - 4x20mm nose guns and 2xAIM9B Air-to-Air missiles.

You will need to install the FJ-3M for each of the above planes you want to install. If you want to install all three planes, you will need to install the FJ-3M three times.

INSTALLATION:

Install the FJ-3M once and rename the installed FJ-3M folder to FJ-3B.

Install another FJ-3M and rename that folder to F-86B.

Install one more FJ-3M and rename that folder to F-86G.

Drop the corresponding folders from this pack into the newly created FJ-3B, F-86B and F-86G folders and overwrite the old files when asked.

To add extra pylons for the FJ-3B and F-86B I used ravenclaw_007's execellent F-86 Bomb Rack weapon from his Canadair CL-13B Mk6 Sabre early or Canadair CL-13B Mk6 Sabre late.

They can be found here: http://combatace.com/files/file/7387-canadair-cl-13b-mk6-sabre-late/ and here: http://combatace.com/files/file/7384-canadair-cl-13b-mk6-sabre-early/. Either one will do as they both have the F-86 Bomb Rack.

They are also both execllent planes and if you haven't flown them you are missing out on two of the best F-86 versions available at CA.

You must install the bomb rack as a weapon. The necessary lod's, ini's, weapon data entries and instructions are in ravenclaw_007's download.

You will need to ensure you have the necessary weapons, ie. AGM-12B, AIM-9B, Aero 7D_FFAR Pod, etc. Look in the *_loadout.ini files to see what weapons are needed. Most are found in common weapons packs or are already default weapons.

Included in this pack are the relevant .ini files to convert the FJ3M. Also included are an FJ-3B skin for VA-146, a real FJ-4B unit and two skins for the the F-86B/G models. VA-146 skin was created by me. The F-86 SEA skin was inspired by Dave's/Wrench's SEA F-86 skin.

Decals are, for the most part, default. They will depend on which SF1 install you put these planes in. You may end up changing some of the numbers.

Thanks to Dave "USAFMTL" Slavens for the idea. Years ago he created an FJ-4B fury from a FJ-3M. I found it at AVSIM while browsing the ancient Strike Fighters section.

Thanks to ravenclaw_007 for the F-86 Bomb Rack that makes the 'B models possible.

Thanks to Zur and column5 for the FJ-3M Fury.

And thanks to all those that have inspired and coached me to be able to do this.

If I forget or miss anyone who deserves credit for anything I release, I apologize. I have no intent to abuse or misuse anyone's property or claim it as my own. Please contact me to correct any error.

If you find any problems with this release, please PM me. If you improve it, please PM me a copy. Any questions, PM me.

I'm releasing this under the Combat Ace Fair Use Agreement. Use it anyway you wish for personal use. For any other use, please contact me first.

Geary

• Like 1