Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Oeffag built Albatros D.II

I've uploaded an Austro-Hungarian version of the Albatros D.II. It was very similar to the German version, but had a bigger engine and carried only one machine gun. There were also minor differences in the tail, the wings, and the cockpit. Not many were produced but it was an excellent fighter at the time and used on both the Italian and Eastern Fronts. I have included one skin and decals appropriate for this plane.

Mu thanks to Ojcar for another excellent FM! Thanks also to Nix who provided the sound file for the Austro-Daimler 185hp engine.

(I have a hunch that we're going to need another Austro-Hungarian fighter soon.)

post-67404-0-94057800-1433805757.jpg

post-67404-0-16941900-1433805766.jpg

post-67404-0-37349500-1433805779.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 2

(I have a hunch that we're going to need another Austro-Hungarian fighter soon.)

First I would like to say thanks for another great plane. Perfect for some mid-war flying in the Italian map.

Second I would like to say another Austro-Hungarian plane would be great. What did you have in mind?

Actually, I meant that we might have a need for this plane sometime soon...

I have two planes in progress at the moment, a Farman F.30, and a Roland D.II. In both I'm finishing the detail work and starting the skins. It will be a few weeks at least before they're done. After that... what did you have in mind?

• Like 1

First of all, I want to thank you for your wonderfull work.

However I have long wanted to ask you, why all the Albatrosses, made by you, it is not quite correctly shown the cables of the Elevator control? Please, dont think I'm being mean, but still...

Um...  I honestly have no answer to that question. It will take some time to rebuild the cable animations, but I can have correct versions made relatively soon.

OK, Steve, I understand ))

Thanks for the reply.

I have two planes in progress at the moment, a Farman F.30, and a Roland D.II. In both I'm finishing the detail work and starting the skins. It will be a few weeks at least before they're done. After that... what did you have in mind?

Fantastic. Very different aircraft and great choices. Thank you for all this work Stephen.

I've uploaded an Austro-Hungarian version of the Albatros D.II. It was very similar to the German version, but had a bigger engine and carried only one machine gun. There were also minor differences in the tail, the wings, and the cockpit. Not many were produced but it was an excellent fighter at the time and used on both the Italian and Eastern Fronts. I have included one skin and decals appropriate for this plane.

Mu thanks to Ojcar for another excellent FM! Thanks also to Nix who provided the sound file for the Austro-Daimler 185hp engine.

Nice. Been waiting patiently for one of these for, well, for years and years :biggrin: . Excellent modelling as always.

• Like 1

I have two planes in progress at the moment... After that... what did you have in mind?

Somewhere here I read that you wanted to make a new, more realistic Triplane. It's an interesting idea.

But there are a lot of interesting aircraft of the WWI that are not represented in FE. You have to choose from. I would suggest to make the plane A.W.F.K.8 (known as the "Big Ack"). Also you can pay attention to Caudron G.3 or Junkers J.4. For a map of Galicia necessary reconnaissance plane Anade (your Anasal is good, but these aircraft came too late and did not have time to work on the front). For operations over the sea could use floatplanes Hansa Brandenburg W.12 or W.29 and a flying boats F.B.A. C or H.

All in all, you may take any plane of your choice.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. And many more that would be great to have in the game as well.

I think that some of the the best of the truly amazing additions to FE2 the past couple of years have been all the 2-seaters that were sorely lacking in the past. The palestine, russian and italian fronts expansions (planes as well as campaigns, terrains) have greatly added to and improved the game as well. But some really big improvements for me have been the better and more realistic models of some our existing planes initially done ages ago - the ones that you live with for completeness, but just detract from the game. Planes like the Albatros D2, Airco  DH4, Fokker D2, RAF Be2s, Martinsyde G100, Halberstadt D and others.

The Triplane is in that latter category. The real one was far more sleek looking than the stubby model currently in the game, especially the nose, perhaps the wings too. I's obvious when you look at pictures or videos of replica Triplanes.  I like the Tripe as do many I think, and the current one is just an eyesore .

Stephen already has done a model a very good model of the Tripe, it's on his site,  and it looks right. The fact it's not in the game yet seems a tragedy :biggrin:.

Stephen also has models of the Pup and the Avro 504 on his site that could be considered - they look right./far better than what we have. And two interesting ones not yet in the game - the Blériot XI and the Taube.

Edited by extremeone
  • Like 2

As promised, I have uploaded new versions of all my Albatros D.IIs with correct elevator control cables. Some time ago, I made new skins for the German D.IIs, and I have included them in the new version, along with new Hangar and Loading screens.

http://combatace.com/files/file/15526-oeffag-built-albatros-dii/

http://combatace.com/files/file/13515-albatros-dii-2-pack/

post-67404-0-29101000-1434227324.jpg

post-67404-0-62771800-1434227343.jpg

post-67404-0-39652200-1434227368.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent! Now everything is all right.

It must be admitted that the efficiency of your work is beyond praise. Thank you very much, Stephen.

Edited by Crowford
  • Like 2

As promised, I have uploaded new versions of all my Albatros D.IIs with correct elevator control cables.

Reviewing my collection, I again found this photo. As you can see, you and I were on the right way.)) With your permission, I'll leave it here.

post-89859-0-40908600-1454439074_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It may take a while, but I usually get it eventually. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1