Hi everyone I just discovered SFP1 and I´d like to know if there is anything that I should know before I start

I was wondering what is the difference between WOV and SFP1 is there a way of having carrier operations in SFP1?

And what about other campaigns with other planes?

I used to play falcon 4.0 and the radar in SFP1 is completely different and I never manage to get a lock, the manual isn´t very explicit in this stuff.

Cheers and thanks for all the help

Welcome Maddog, the more the merrier :)

I hate to say it :blush: but pretty much anything you want can be found if you :search: here & at SimHQ.

SF P1 & WoV both use the same Third Wire game engine but differ in default terrain & plane set.

Yes, you can add carriers to SF P1 (I know that there are details for this on the forum as I posted them while talking a few others through).

Yes, you can have campaigns with other planes but you neeed to download & install the other aircraft (assuming that they exist) & do some minor .ini editing to make the campaign use them.

Of course if you are lucky someone like Mk2 may have got there before you & released a pack with what you want all neatly packaged.

If you can be more explicit in your radar problems maybe we can talk you through it (again I know it's all been done before if you search).

Thanks a lot Buff

I had a look around in the forum and files, but some addons say for WOV only, I thought that an aircraft for example could be used in both, but nevermind that.

My problem with the radar is that I can´t slew it and there are no keys for slewing the radar, so my question is how can I select a target that appears in the radar scope so I could fire others weapons.

I tried pressing the keys to obtain a lock but I just see the blips but no lock no other radar mode, nothing (in the air to ground radar mode), Haven´t tried AA boresight mode but i assume that it would probably work and lock the target automatically when in front of me, at least thats what happens with the F-16 radar in falcon.

Any sugestions?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Maddog1970

Pretty much everything is usable in SF P1 & WoV - not 100% but well into the 90%s. Usually if something is only usable in SF P1 or in WoV it is because it needs to use a file normally only found in that - e.g. an addon aircraft that uses the F-104G cockpit will normally only work in SF P1 because WoV doesn't have the F-104G & therefore the cockpit files that it calls (of course it is possible to copy them over ;)).

SF P1/WoV are not designed to be as "hardcore" sims as Falcon 4.0 & of course the sytems of the aircraft in the period that the stock game represents were nowhere near as sophisticated as the F-16's anyway.

In air to air search mode you should be able to move the cursor over a blip using the Home key (or whatever button on your joystick you may have mapped to Next Radar Target) & then to lock using Insert (or whatever button you have mapped to Acquire Target).

Boresight sounds the same in Falcon as in Sf/WoV.

You might find this useful http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_061a.html

You can't currently lock anything in air to ground mode radar itself - nevertheless there are ways of using guided weapons.

You might find this useful for dumb weapons

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_055a.html

Note: both the SimHQ Wep Del. articles were written a couple of years & several patches ago so some things have changed.

Also depending upon how you have your different preferences set has an effect upon what you see.

I have my settings to hard, I like to have the most realistic aproach possible

Thanks very much for your help, I´m gonna check the posts you recommended and see if I can figure it out.

Cheers

:)