Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

ALT-D and the in game hud HUD question...

Hey everyone!  What does the game loop mean? I seem to get lowered FPS when the game loop is like 3 and above... How does one keep that down?

get a decent graphics card, maybe?

Graphic card and or adding Ram will help. Having a cpu with multi core might help also.

I experience game loop of 3 and 4 when using time compression up to 4x. above that this is hell :) I tried once a time compression of 32x and got a game loop of 128 (ouch). But game was ''fluid'' but don't try to turn while doing that (believe me).

I can't run up the game to full détails as with the expansion packs and HD add-ons i had to lower everything in order to play. Next notebook will handle that no problem. But for now, my GE Force 880M handle pretty well the game (dual core PC with 8G of RAM).

I am getting game loops to up to 4 every now and then - and can confirm drop in frame rates. This is despite some fix I found somewhere here that would freeze loops to 1...

Switching map on and off takes loop down to 1 again btw...

Ah ok I was just wondering what that meant is all my average FPS with my settings and mods is around 40-50