Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

I Can't help but wonder...

Looking over the list of people that seem to be having trouble I see lots of people that have really rocking systems with all the latest gear...And I see alot of people with older systems that seem to be running fine.Could some of the troubles be with the new hardware,and I hate to say it but I have to..,people turning everything up to max. just pushes system alittle to far?I'm running SF on a patched up system and If I run it with everything turned it it crashes like a big dawg..but turn them down and it runs fine.Plus I'm still running Win 98se..and guarding my disc like it was gold,maybe newer OS cause some of the trouble.I'm grabbing at straws here...trying to help.

No clue, but i'm running windows ME, i have norton anti-virus and norton firwall running in the background whenever i play, i'm sure it causes some slight lag, but nothing major that i've noticed, i've even played it with MSN msger, aim, yahoo and mIRC running, with no problems, usually i'm just checking modifications. I also only have 128mb RAM and a 16mb Nvidia TNT 2 M64 graphics card(needs updated badly). Onyl time i get CTDs is when i mess up with my mission scripting so far.

I'll take a Stab at it,

I'd bet those running Win 98SE and Millenniun with non ATI cards are having the least issues.

Just seems to me like win 98 does games nicely, without many headaches. Just a guess though, MJ care to jump in?

BirdDogg