Sign in to follow this  
ignacioc91

Joystick not working properly on Windows 10

Hi!! I have just updated my system to Windows 10, and noticed an annoying issue as regards my controls. After configuring the controls in-game, when flying they seem to be messed up. The button set to fire the primary guns selecte A2A weapons, the one set for secondary guns, fires the primary, the one to select the nexte weapon does another thing. Any idea? I have not found any problem as regards graphics. My joystick is a Genius Metal Strike 3D and the full-merged SF2 install.Thanks in advance!!!

Regards.

Ignacioc91

Edited by ignacioc91

Yep, I've posted this in another forum about SF2 in Windows 10...My CH Products stick, throttle and pedal settings change with every reboot. Never was about to fix it. I reverted back to Windows 7. I even saw a comment in the MS Windows 10 forums. According to Microsoft, this was fixed in one of their patches, but no, it just got me to try Windows 10 again just to find out it still does not work for me. Look for and read the "Has anyone tried SF2 in Window 10" (or something to that fact)...there was alot of discussion about this there. 

Edit...Here, I got you the link...

http://combatace.com/topic/86742-anyone-tried-strikefighters-2-with-windows-10/

Edited by viper63a

I had the same problem, only i i had to copy again my customs control.ini and no problem, with my joystick i need to connetc it when i go to play, i believe windows 10 energy saver program disconnet it every reboot

I did as you said and worked Hans, thanks!!! The joysitck has to be connected BEFORE opening SF2. Another thing I did was install and run SF2, custom the controls and save the .ini file to another location, and then proceed with the installation and patches and everything else. Thanks for your help guys!