There are these lines on fire control radars:

RadarSearchCW=
RadarTrackCW=
RadarMissileGuidanceCW=

In which way do they affect the game?

For example, if we have a Fansong with RadarMissileGuidanceCW=FALSE and the missile has a Semi Active Radar guidance what is the difference if RadarMissileGuidanceCW=TRUE?

Hi..  CW values are just a work around for the lack of proper ECM / ECCM system.  Radars flagged with CW cannot be jammed by jammers not having CanJamCW.  It was exclusively used to get the SA-6 (Kub) an edge vs regular jammers.

CanJamCW value is to be used with late type of jammers only (late 70's, early 80's)  definitely NOT with early jammers developed decade earlier than the CW guided SAMs.

(CW stands for Continous Wave, but in fact it has nothing to do with radar performance)

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 1

So if I understood correctly radars without CW can be jammed by any type of jammer and the ones that have CW can be jammed only by jammers which CanJamCW ?

So if I understood correctly radars without CW can be jammed by any type of jammer and the ones that have CW can be jammed only by jammers which CanJamCW ?

To my best knowledge, yes. IF the jammer is set for the matching frequency. You can set either type of the radar to have CW=TRUE   search, track, guidance, or all three. If the Guidance is the only CW, then you can reduce the range, or tracking with jamming, but if you get a missile fired, it's guidance cannot be jammed.