Watching some gameplay of IL-2 HSFX, I found out that the recoil in SF2 (and therefore Wings over Korea which I mainly play) is very minimal so I'm wondering if there's a way to tinker around with the intensity of your plane shaking during gunfire. There's no setting like this in the Guns Editor or the Weapons Editor and I also found nothing in the plane files (MiG-15bis specifically). What do you you guys think?

EDIT: maybe a better description would be camera shake, not the actual plane shaking. I just want to try and give the guns a little more punch.

should be a basic game engine thing so not to be modded...

speaking of IL2 i think the twitchiness is bit too much... modded it before as well, class dump, buttons decompile, 3D meshes and whatnot - the guns on the planes are setup deliberately to be unsymmetrical i.e. a few mm off center and a few mili rads off axis, just so player can get more twitch out of it!

IMO these stuff need to be randomized in the code with like a universal randomness factor, and not a preset error permanently set in database.

^unrelated matter... just some mumbo jumbo!...

should be a basic game engine thing so not to be modded...

speaking of IL2 i think the twitchiness is bit too much... modded it before as well, class dump, buttons decompile, 3D meshes and whatnot - the guns on the planes are setup deliberately to be unsymmetrical i.e. a few mm off center and a few mili rads off axis, just so player can get more twitch out of it!

IMO these stuff need to be randomized in the code with like a universal randomness factor, and not a preset error permanently set in database.

^unrelated matter... just some mumbo jumbo!...

So can it be done? If I have the time I could try to learn in but of course I'd like someone experienced with this (unlike me) to try and do this...

nagaative mate

when i make my own flight sim, i'll do it:D

nagaative mate

when i make my own flight sim, i'll do it:D

Too bad. Well thanks anyway for answering!

Too bad. Well thanks anyway for answering!

you can give IL2 a try if ya haven't, the visuals and sounds on the whole are definitely better.

Rowan's mig alley is a dedicated korean air war sim, it's just rather dated.

There's also a korean war mod for MS cfs3.

(edit forgot, i didn't try this and discarded directly...) DCS F-86/Mig-15 module

there is always war thunder...

for meself it's SF, i think the campaign system, AI and support for jet FM is better than IL2. and certainly miles better to mod. but it's after trying all of the above and making a choice thereafter.

Edited by Do335

you can give IL2 a try if ya haven't, the visuals and sounds on the whole are definitely better.

Rowan's mig alley is a dedicated korean air war sim, it's just rather dated.

There's also a korean war mod for MS cfs3.

(edit forgot, i didn't try this and discarded directly...) DCS F-86/Mig-15 module

there is always war thunder...

for meself it's SF, i think the campaign system, AI and support for jet FM is better than IL2. and certainly miles better to mod. but it's after trying all of the above and making a choice thereafter.

I know where you're coming from. I love SF2, but IL-2 looks much more refined on the visual level and I'd like to give it a try even though it seems to have rather strange jet flight models, but what's keeping me from trying it is just how complicated it is to install some Korean war mods. From what I gathered, the process is ridiculously layered and on top of that I couldn't find a proper step-by-step procedure, so I just gave up on downloading it. DCS on the other hand is definitely the best realism sided simulator out there, but the prices make me want to gauge my eyes out considering you don't exactly get alot from one 50 euro pack, not to mention it looks really complicated, much harder to play and requires head tracking, just doesn't realy fit me.

Il2 is very mod unfriendly and that also affects out to installing mods... i think the SAS ppl are doing their best it's just the base game is like that:|