Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Off map airbases question

What are the limits to the off map airbases? Will aircraft show up from them in single missions? Is there a limit to how far it can be from the map? For instance could I have Diego Garcia as an off map airbase for the Afghanistan map or Engles AB on an IsraelME map?

I tend to put offmap bases on the map, but coming in the direction in real life, for example on the SF2Europe map I have RAF Marham etc off the dutch coast.

I don't know about single missions, but in campaign mode the aircraft always come from those offmap bases.

I didn't think about the direction of flight for the off map aircraft. Good to know that comes into play. I'll have to mess around with single missions. In custom missions I know they'll show up. It's been a hot minute since I've done anything related to SF2.