100 east german MiG-21 camos for MiG-21

100 east german LSK style camos for MiG-21F-13, PF, PFM, M and MF

This mod is made for SF2 AND WoE, WOI Kadesh

It is made for the original MiG-21 versions of the game, NOT for TMF MiG-21s.

----------------------------------------------------------
I. History

In the east german airforce LSK (Luftstreitkräfte) each single combat plane had a unique paint scheme. There was no standard for the form of staines, dots or stripes. So the technicians of the squadrons and repair facilities had free hand for the paintshop.
Originally it was intended to have a two tone camo. The colors had to be brown and green. But the tone of the paint was not specified, so that lighter and darker greens and browns were possible. It depended a lot on the availability of the paint. On the other hand the brown paint was very fast weathering, so that it appeared soon as a green tone. Nobody knows why the paint changed from brown to green. It simply happend. Perhaps it had something to do with the sun?
So a very wide range of colors was to find on the planes. In the late 80th a 3 tone camo was used.

This package contains 100 different camos, connected with the tactical numbers, so that you will find 100 planes each with an other unique camo. The camos are LSK style. They are not historical correct. The reason for this is, that there is no reliable source for the east german MiG-21 camo. All paintschemes, even that in the museums, are LSK style (freestyle). So i decided to make this set as freestyle. An eastgerman MiG-21 could have looks like that, what you find in this package.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

II.

CREDITS:

75 tactical numbers are made by PauloPanz for his MiG-21F-13 skin.! The other 25 i made myself.

The skins based on:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TK's stock MiG-21 skins, modified by me.
The camo decals are made by me.

III.

INSTALLATION:

-Unzip the folders into your object folder

In each "LSK 100" skin folder you find a subfolder "alternative decalplacement".
It includes a backup of the standard LSK 100 decals.ini and one decals.ini with an alternative placement of the decals. So the camo of the plane looks different by using the other decals.ini. Feel free to test out, which version you like more. Simply copy and past the decals.ini in the LSK 100 folder and let overwrite the existing decals.ini.

IV.

For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
-------------------------------------------------------------

V.

The MiG-21camo set is FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
January 2017

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yakarov79

View File MiG-21 Fishbeds Over Middle East/
      MiG-21 Fishbed Skin Set for F-13/FL/PF/PFM versions used in Middle East by Egypt,Syria,Iraq.

Ive made several camo skin sets because i was bored of stock ones in Wings Over Israel. So this will bring some more colors to game. I think its around 17-18 skins. With some diferences so its not boring anymore..at least for me.
      Paints are mostly based on photos (usually poor quality).

All skins are new made by me based on comrad's great template http://combatace.com...-21-mfsm-temps/
      I repainted few things and added few new (like on F skin).
      Pack includes only skins. There is no ini files, for decals etc. So it can be easly configured for your use. Just replace old ones or just create new folder fornew paint.

Have fun
      Jarek Hereda.
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 06/30/2017 Category MiG-21  
    • By Gepard

View File 100 east german MiG-17F camos
      Submitter Gepard Submitted 02/05/2017 Category MiG-17  
    • By Gepard

View File 100 MiG-17F north vietnamese style camos
      Submitter Gepard Submitted 02/04/2017 Category MiG-17  
    • By Spudknocker

View File Iran-Iraq War Terrain/Campaign
      Included in this package is a brand new Iran-Iraq/Western Asia Terrain with 4 campaigns.

Three of the campaigns compose the three periods of the Iran Iraq War-

1st- the initial invasion which spans from 1980 through 81- Lots of CAS and Intercept as well as strike missions.

2nd The War of the Cities and Tanker War from 1982-1987-Many interdiction anti-shipping and strike missions similar to Rolling Thunder

3rd The Battle For Al-Basrah all of 1988- Lots of CAS, anti-ship and strike missions

The 4th campaign is a semi-fictionalized Project Dark Gene/Ibex campaign from 1970-77 with USAF and IIAF units conducting recon missions against Soviet Installations and protecting Iranian borders from Iraqi Incursions. Because the terrain doesn't extend to the Soviet Border the campaign was turned 90 degrees with northern Iraq-Mosul/Tikrit acting as our stand in Soviet area.

Includes all the required aircraft and skins including Ravenclaw's Beautiful new IIAF/IRIAF F-4's and Iranian weapons and new F-4D and RF-4E skins to match from Yakarov79!

A separate install is not required and will work best if incorporated into a big everything thrown in Mod Folder.

This mod package is meant to be an addition to Operation Darius or Operation Desert Storm and NATO Fighters 5 from Eburger68. Ground Objects from Mr Burgers packages are required for example Iranian Destroyers.

Here is a link to Op Darius- http://combatace.com/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

And Desert Storm- http://combatace.com/topic/84643-operation-desert-storm-for-sf2-redux-part-1-of-3/

Nato fighters 5- http://combatace.com/files/file/13332-nato-fighters-5-part-1-of-8/

The Aircraft included in this mod are readily available here at CA and the thank you/credits list is too large to name everyone! See the credits list for NATO Fighters 5 that should cover everyone!

A HUGE thanks to Blaze for Letting me tinker with his new Western Asia Terrain to make it Perfect for an Iran-Iraq War Campaign!

This Mod is a combination of many people's work here at CA thank you everyone who helps contribute to the Community!

I am by no means an expert but I have had a blast putting this together over the last few months if someone can add more realism to the campaigns PM me and let know! I hope everyone enjoys this!
      Submitter Spudknocker Submitted 01/29/2017 Category User Made Campaigns  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.