Sign in to follow this  
yubba

Why Ain't We Flyin First Eagle Online ?

I just bought it last week for what it is,, a WW 1 lite sim,, I like it and it runs well on an older machine,,, question stands why aren't we flying this online ,,if there is folk flying this online I would be interested in joining up with you.

Hello friend,

Here's a link to the thread that discusses why we aren't flying FE/FE2 online:

http://combatace.com/topic/88806-thoughts-on-multiplayer-in-fe2/

Happy flying (offline),

Von S

P.S. Multiplayer is available in Red Baron 3D (if you want something that is light on your hardware...free german copies of RBII can be found on the internet and then patched to RB3D). Wings Over Flanders Fields is also single-player (offline), like FE2. The only other one is Rise of Flight (which caters to online play) - but that requires a fancy system and a high-end graphics card to run it.

Edited by VonS

Hello friend,

Here's a link to the thread that discusses why we aren't flying FE/FE2 online:

http://combatace.com/topic/88806-thoughts-on-multiplayer-in-fe2/

Happy flying (offline),

Von S

thanks for the responce,,, I couldn't find any thing that said hey or nay on this subject ,,months back Silver Streak and I flew a bit in hyperlobby wov   ,Some where along the line one of us lost interest ,, I'm an avid IL-2 online flier and the ranks are dwindling there also,, I'm not ready to pony up a pile of cash for a new computer to fly in other sims that I might not be happy with I've done alot of work with Strike Fighters 1 for my own amusement and to share with others,, onlining gives you something more than ai,, like how'd he do that,, where'd he come from and the  amusement of watching a 500lbs bomb landing in some ones cockpit

Edited by yubba

You might want to look at Warthunder, its pretty much on the same level as Thirdwire for complexity.

The way its set up there are three distinct modes of realism, Arcade, Realistic and Sim, each being progressively more complex. Arcade IMHO isn't worth looking at, Realistic is on par with Thirdwire and Sim is somewhere between Thirdwire and IL2.

Added bonus, its free to play so wont hurt to try.

Edited by fallenphoenix1986

You might want to look at Warthunder, its pretty much on the same level as Thirdwire for complexity.

The way its set up there are three distinct modes of realism, Arcade, Realistic and Sim, each being progressively more complex. Arcade IMHO isn't worth looking at, Realistic is on par with Thirdwire and Sim is somewhere between Thirdwire and IL2.

Added bonus, its free to play so wont hurt to try.

My machine is a little under par for War Thunder,,, and that would be the same for Aces High 2 which is 3 now which I flew years ago