Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

New Hellshade Videos...

Check the top two pinned topics at the top of this page. (OFF & WOFF UE Screenshots, etc.)

I'll just post em here,

Starting from uploads I did a month ago.

My Alb campaign

I will post more later.

Edited by Hellshade

Outstanding! Thanks, mate.

"They Just Won't Die!"  I presume those were R.E.8's. Any idea why there was no  response from their rear-seat gunners?

Edited by Hauksbee

Sometimes they just dont respond.  Maybe a gun jam?  frozen in fear?

"Jasta 2 20 Dec 1916 Finally allocated an Alb DII!"...The Albatros came on-line to counter the ascendancy of the F.E.2b's and DH.2's. Good demonstration. Winter kills are especially satisfying; you can see them against the snowfall and mark where they went down.

"Jasta 2 Late December 1916 Sopwith Triplanes!"...I can see why the Sopwith Tripe came as such a shock to the Germans. Poor sod. You got your butt handed to you on that sortie.

Got to say...if one flies in northern Europe, there's a lot of dismal, crummy weather.

Edited by Hauksbee

Yes, the Tripehouds were brutal!

Never saw this happen before...WOFF UE still surprises.

Never saw this happen before...WOFF UE still surprises. Did that collision save your life? Did you get back to base?

Never saw this happen before...WOFF UE still surprises. Did that collision save your life? Did you get back to base?

It did save my life, but I landed dead stick behind enemy lines.  Not before shooting down an enemy observation balloon though that was near the road I chose.   I had enough speed built up to make a second pass at the balloon and that was enough to do her in.  I bet the Tommys were not happy about that!

Sopwith Pups over the target!  Great dogfight! Those last three Pups were really fighting hard. You took out the one, then were spending a lot of time on the second. I kept thinking "Check Six! Check Six!". I was sure #3 was going to come out of left field and hose you...but you got away with it.

Thanks Hauksbee,  More great dogfights below.

More Tripehound fights, but I do much better out of the DIII and in the DV

More Tripehound fights, but I do much better out of the DIII and in the DV

Indeed you do. The Tripes were all over you in the D.III; much less so in the D.V

I notice that in these recent postings, you're in the same D.V. Are you in  Campaign mode? (Just wondering. Were I you in Quick Combat, I'd opt for better weather.) If in Campaign, does the appearance of von Richthofen mean you're flying with Jasta 11?

All of these are in campaign mode and I am in Jasta 11.    Incredible sim, isn't it?

Ok...I got these Tripehounds now.  Camels on the other hand...not so much.  LOL

DH5s kick my ass too.

Ahh...my first Fokker DR1!

And the very next day they hand me back an Albatross, taking the DR1s off the front line.  I presume there was a historical reason for that.

Very nice. There's no better way to start the morning than getting that first cup of coffee, bacon & eggs, (sometimes doughnuts) and finding a fresh Hellshade video (or four) on Combat Ace. You're really cranking them out lately. On average, how many hours of stick-time do you get in a week?

The amount of time varies. All of these videos are from the past month.  Tons more on my youtube channel.

Four more! This thread is becoming an embarrassment of riches.

'A brave DH4 pilot who really knew how to fly' ...he certainly knew his business, and he wasn't even human. It was a shocker when that hole opened up in your top wing. Shocker #2, when the camera pans over to the right and there's another hole; same size (Do you think it was from just the bullet spread from one burst/two guns)

'DR1 I felt like Werner Voss for a moment'...Shocker #3; when the Camel above you blew apart!

Edited by Hauksbee

The holes in my wings came from diving too fast causing structural failure.  DR1s clearly have dive limitations - not as bad as Alb DIIIs - but still there and I overplayed my hand in following him down. 

OvS released some new Alb DIII OAW skins (on the website) so I featured a couple in campaign dogfights.  Just started an OAW campaign, picked a couple of skins and flew.  I think well over 70? new ones to choose from.

Back in my regular campaign I got into a furball with some Brisfits.

and a furball with Camels over enemy territory

The holes in my wings came from diving too fast causing structural failure.  DR1s clearly have dive limitations - not as bad as Alb DIIIs - but still...

Shocker#4! I was sure that was gunfire. I did not know Dr.1's suffered from that problem. I did know that planes early in the production run suffered upper wing failure that was attributed to shoddy workmanship at the Fokker factory (and never did fully regain pilots trust). Shedding fabric must have compounded the problem greatly.

ps: Those Hi-Res skins really make a difference in close-up shots.

Edited by Hauksbee