Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

CH-178 (Mi-8/Mi-17)

CH-178 (Mi-8/Mi-17)

View File

To be used on SF2 Mi-8T by Lazarus1177 available here : https://combatace.com/files/file/13193-pakistan-army-mi-8-pack/

These skins represent the schemes used by the RCAF on their Mi-17V-5 (Mi-8M) and bearing CF designation CH-178 in Afghanistant in 2010-2011.

The serial numbers in this skin pack along with planes numbers are real one's. 

Some details will be different then real life RCAF Mi-17 as they are model related (no Mi-17 in the model list available).

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND :

Canada, as various NATO countries, leased civilian Mi-8/Mi-17 in the past for transport in Afghanistan. However in 2010, four Mi-17V5 known as CH-178 were operated by Canadian personnel and carrying Canadian markings. When the mission was over they were put in storage.

Installation:

Copy the RCAF FOLDER of the current pack objects/aircraft folder in your game Mi-8T aircraft folder.
Copy the FOLDER of the current pack objects/decals folder in your game decals folder.

Open the Textureset.ini and edit the file by adding the texture.ini lines to the Mi-8T.ini. 
Open the Userlist.ini and edit the lines for Canada service years.  

All decals are made by me. I completely redraw the panel lines and rivets. 
Serials are real one's.

Credits:

Thirdwire for creating the Strike Fighters series.
Marcfighters for the Aircraft Model, cockpit and original textures.
Lazarus1177 for the Pakistan Army Mi-8 Pack 1.0
Thanks to me for the redraw of the lines and paint work :).

Happy flights!

Mario C.
Frenchie1977